Pages

March 18, 2008

It's Tuesday again


Here we are and its Tuesday, one of my favorite days. Tuesday is when some of my friends and I get together and sew,chat and share coffee,tea and life.We had some fresh made scones and hot cross buns today with our cuppa's. Judy bought a lovely quilt to show us that she had nearly finished, she only has to back it now and quilt it and wallah, all finished. Can't wait to see it quilted Judy. I also received another parcel today, I have been waiting for this one, its Swell by 'Urban Chicks' for Moda fabrics and is so nice and bright, its a bit out there for me but I have a few ideas swelling around (lol)in my head to make out of it I bought it from Kimberly at Fat Quarter Shop online. Also in the parcel was a cool Christmas charm pack Holly Jolly for Moda, I need to think of Christmas now or I might not have anything finished on time. The weather here has cooled today to 29oC and so sewing is pleasurable, the last couple of weeks it has been so hot my hands perspire to much to quilt or stitch. My no3 darling wanted to sew yesterday, so while I was drawing a design onto a panel that I am making, she played with my safety pins (done up) and cotton reels. They ended up on the floor and in a tangled mess, but she had so much fun 'sewing' with mum, I suppose with little ones, this is how they start getting interested in all things sewing. I remember now, sitting by my Auntie's chair, when I was maybe 6 years old, while she sowed away, and being so fascinated by it all, (my mum did not sew very much - maybe a button or two, she cooked great dishes though - now mum does both).What about you, how did you start sewing? Now to talk about sewing I visited oh Sew Cozy today to read Kris' blog and I was the second to leave a comment for the 'Pay it Forward' exchange so I am now doing the same exchange on here, so be one of the first 3 to leave a comment, go on be in it.
It’s the Pay It Forward Exchange. It’s based of the
concept of the movie “Pay it Forward” where acts or deeds of kindness are done without expecting something in return, just passing it on, with hope that the recipients of the acts of kindness are passed on. So here’s how it works. I will make and send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment to this post on the blog requesting to join this PIF exchange. I do not know what that gift will be yet, and it won’t be sent this month, probably not next month, but it will be sent (within 6 months) and that’s a promise! What YOU have to do in return, then, is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog.

Enjoy your Tuesday, and please leave a comment,
Until next time, Dawn x x x

3 comments:

Little Miss Flossy said...

Hi Dawn! My Mum taught me to sew after I constantly came home in tears from sewing clsss at school.I haven't really stopped since I was 10!

Christy Sews said...

Hi Dawn. Thought I would drop by your blog to say hello! Thanks for dropping by. You had me laughing about your fabric stash. What's even funnier is that after tidying my room (not the closet, mind you), I can't find my Japanese import fabric anywhere. I cring to think that I shoved it in one of the totes in the garage and cringe even more when I think of this closet. So I just bought some more fat quarters and figure I'll find them when I stop looking. And since I'm here, I like your pay if forward idea. Sign me up. I can defintiely make 3 things, although I think it will take me 6 months (just to be safe). Let me know when you get your third.

jo said...

Hi Dawn,
My mum made alot of our dresses when we were little and made most of her own clothes when she was young.I guess I get it from her. I started making stuffed toys when I was in primary school mainly knitted ones and I also did a fair bit of crochet.I had a wardrobe full of craft bits and pieces that I just couldnt throw out,so my collecting habit started at a young age but now I collect mainly fabric.Hope your enjoying the long weekend bye for now.