Pages

April 19, 2008

Found treasures!

Yesterday while sorting through my sewing junk, in anticipation for my new sewing corner, lol.......I found hidden under fabric and more fabric................my sewing box from when I was a child and in it was a stitchery that I did when I was about 11, many many moons ago( about 30 odd). It is a bit rough but I remember doing it and getting the instructions from an encyclopedia, the fabric from my Aunt and thread from an elderly neighbor. My mum did not sew when I was a kid so I had to search all places for something to stitch and found on the bookshelf the encyclopedia with diagrams of how to stitch............so I tried and this is what I ended up with........thankfully my mum just kept it in that little sewing box which they bought me for Christmas in 1972 and there it was just as I had finished it, no edging or anything fancy done to it until now................
I have edged it with some fabric that Little Miss Flossy sent me in a fabric swap we did.....as that is what looked best.....now to frame it or quilt around it.....not quite sure....but it will be one of my treasures........for sure.
I might just need a bigger house to keep all my treasures.............or at least a bigger room.
Hope you have something to treasure from your childhood.
Have a great weekend,
Blessings to all..................

No comments: