Pages

April 17, 2008

Stitching away........................

Time has gone so fast, or it a least feels that way to me. I have been busy with reorganizing my sewing corner and its also school holidays as well, so with that comes lots of extra activities that can't be done any other time.But.....
I have been busy stitching and catching up on some sewing projects I had become behind in, I have caught up on the BOM stitching which Lynette Anderson has generously put online for free, just look here.
This is block 1- Rabbits
and block 2- Doves
( sorry about quality, had the camera on the wrong setting and did not realize until I uploaded it)These are a cinch to stitch and can be done in an afternoon, and I am sure they will make an excellent quilt once we have finished, maybe a baby pressie or even a wall hanging................... have to wait and see.
I also received last week the Dear Jane pattern and wanted make a start on it as it looks so wonderful, so I thats what I did, make a start. I joined the Dear Baby Jane group who started about 6 weeks ago so I have been madly trying to catch up. If you are interested in starting one have a look here as you can get loads of advice on the way and also for me I can get to follow a plan of the blocks to do, that will keep me on track. I had to make 13 blocks to catch up so I made some of the easier ones and have started on the not so easy ones now, I have a plan to catch up within 3 weeks, that will be 18 blocks altogether...................I think I can, I know I can, I sew I can.............

Block 1 - B13 Four Corner Press
Block 2 - C9 Janes Tears
Block 3 - D13 Field of Dreams
missed block 4 have still to do, its all cut out just have the hand stitching to finish.................................
Block 5 - A6 Uncle Homer
Block 10 - M10 Simple Simon ( and it is only a 10 min block how easy is that.......)
If you have got this far, thanks for looking, sorry its been so long
Until Next Time
Quilty Hugs

No comments: