Pages

July 05, 2008

PIF - almost done.

This week I have been working on my Pay It Forward gifts and so have no pictures to show of them - or I would spoil the surprise - they are almost done. I will show you a couple of the things I have made for my swap partners from recent swaps. The first was a real challenge for me - it was to do a quilty - which is a small quilt in a 6 1/2" square. I chose a 'once upon a time' theme and used an old doily that I had with ribbon, ric rac and buttons - sort of romantic looking.
And this is of a cushion I made for a prim swap I was in. It doesn't look that prim, as I tried to make it also shabby for my swap partner cos she likes shabby too. It does have raw edge appliqué on it and I like the look of that technique - sort of prim . I used an old doily for the underneath of the appliqué and added buttons, lace and crocheted flowers for the hearts on the corners. I was very pleased with the way they turned out, and I received lovely swap items back. sorry no pics as my camera is not working again.
I am in a couple of other swaps and find them really challenging and fun. I am in a teeny tiny swap and have to make a gift for a partner and be able to post it for only 50c - wow what can I make - I have an idea..........thinking, thinking....will show pics later.
I also am in a cornucopia swap and have found a lovely pattern... but first to finish my PIF gifts.

Have a lovely weekend wherever you may be in this wonderful world
Hugs to all,
Dawn x x

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

I really like the colours and the design of your second photo. What a good idea to have a tiny swap, nice to create something but not as much pressure.

Rachel's Journal Pages said...

You're right - that cushion with the doily on it is so romantic looking - really stunning!

Lynette Anderson said...

The Ark picture looks great in your sidebar, thank you and well done for getting it there!

Jo Jo said...

Hi Dawn,

Great to see the noah's ark picture is there and working and a visit from Lynette herself....how cool! Jo xx

Linda said...

As the recipient of the cushion I can assure everyone it is absolutely beautiful and takes pride of place in my bedroom. My cats dare not sit on it, it is for admiring only!! Thanks again Dawn :)