Pages

August 26, 2008

Winter is nearly over!

Winter is nearly over and spring is on its way...the mornings are getting brighter so September must be nearly here.... But for August, this has been a busy month for me,
a birthday to celebrate ...... I had yummy birthday cake and a glass of Bailey's

I had to take my no 1 son to work at 6am most mornings as his car is off the road for repairs for a little while. Although I love to be up early - I do not want be driving around......
here is a picture of one morning we encountered as we walked out the door,
it does look lovely and wasn't that chilly even though it looks like it.

Then for the last two weeks I have had to give my baby daughter (18 mths old) a nebuliser as she has had very bad bronchitis and had to have this every 3 hours to help her breathe..........and all through the night also...so I haven't had much sleep......let alone try to stitch much..... she was so gorgeous though .....when she needed it she would grab me by the hand and walk me to the kitchen to give it to her.......
here is a pic of her having her nebuliser all by herself....me supervising of course as well as taking a picture...lol
And to the sewing I have done......
I made this little cat bag for my God-daughter's birthday last week......and while I did I cut out a couple of them as they were so easy to do....
the pattern is The Owl and the Pussycat from 'Melly and Me', I think it is really cute...now to finish the others...

If you get a chance go and have a look here, Megan is a young designer in the making. Well Done Megan!
Have a wonderful week,
Hugs,
Dawn x x

8 comments:

Suzanne said...

August has been a busy time for you. Hope your birthday celebrations went well, cake and baileys sounds like a good way to celebrate.
Also hope your little girl is getting better. Its very scary when its like this.
God Bless and keep well.

Sonia said...

Yum...birthday bliss...with baileys.

I hope your DD is doing much better, can totally relate to the nebuliser...poor wee thing.

And that bag...wow now that is cute!!!

Lorraine said...

You have been a busy girl.....hope the little one is much better...how cute is she!!

Rachel's Journal Pages said...

Oh - she looks adorable! She actually looks like a steam train about to take off!
Love the photo from outside your house on one cold,chilly morning - I am loving the sunshine of the past 2 days - it means laundry gets dry in one day and isn't cluttering up my house hanging on door-handles and furniture!

Anna M. said...

What an adorable bag! And, your daughter is so cute...hope she is feeling better! =)

Kellie said...

Sorry about your little one! She looks so very sweet sitting there ... but would look much better running around with no problems breathing!!!! You are so very sweet to mention Megan! Thank you so very much! I am very proud of here as you can imagine.

Cottage Contessa said...

Hi Dawn, happy belated birthday sweetie! I hope it was wonderful! Keeping your beautiful little girl in my prayers too, the poor little darling. When you get a chance sweetie stop by my blog and enter the give away I'm having ok. Happy weekend Dawn!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Sonnja said...

Winter is nearly over bee you but we begin today the autumn here in Netherlands.
And I hope the little one is much better!
Kind regards

Sonnja & Beertje Zonn