Pages

August 04, 2008

Yummy Yummy homemade biscuits.

Last night after I had come home from work, cooked tea, the girls and I made some biscuits ( I actually made them, they just tried to help as best that a 1yo and a 2yo could)
Firstly we beat the sugar and butter.....
then we beat in the eggs and added the vanilla essence......
then we add the flour and cornflakes and chocolate chips............and stir, stir
then spoonfuls of mixture onto the tray.....

and into the oven to cook for 15 mins.....

Once they are cooked out of the oven they come, onto the cooling rack, yum yum the girls go and I have to try to explain to a distraught 2yo that they need to cool before she tries one............ but a drink and we wash hands, then they are cool enough to eat...yippee she says....

And I package some up as I need to post them to my bikkie swap partner

Today I posted them so they should arrive in a couple of days...and yummy yummy for us as we get to eat the leftovers. I so love to do these sort of things with my children, even when they are very little or big they love to get in the kitchen and cook.
Hugs
Dawn x x

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Love see the kids in the kitchen, its so much fun for them. Amazing after work and tea that you had the energy for more cooking.

Rachel's Journal Pages said...

Cornflake cookies! Oh, I haven't had those for years! Perhaps I'll make some for Friday night when you come over? I'll see how I go.

Jo Jo said...

Last week my 2 1/2 year old niece stayed with me for a couple of days and we baked as well. It was so funny and very very messy!! We even did some craft which she loved too....we made macaroni necklaces for her mummy that were painted in her favourite colours!! I just loved the together time with her. Jo x

Cottage Contessa said...

Hi Dawn! Sweetie those biscuits look deliciously yummy....mmmmmmm with a hot milo before bedtime.....yes please! I am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful time away stitching Dawn, that's terrific! Wishing you a great end to the week sweetie!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Janellybelly said...

Hi Dawn
I just found you blog - via you beautiful comment you left on Rosalie Quinlan's blog! I have had a thoroughly enjoyable read and will be back.
Janelle ;-)