Pages

September 09, 2008

Sunshine and stitching!

Spring has definitely arrived, the birds are chirping and happily collecting for their nest and the flowers are starting to bloom. I have had a few productive days, cooking and sewing. Sitting outside in the garden stitching while the girls have played...they have been quite glad to go 'side' as they say, playing on their trikes and running around the garden.
While looking for an easy cake to bake, I found this great recipe for chocolate coconut cake and it tastes just like a coconut rough for those of you who now what they are. So I have made one for us and a couple for the freezer.
Recipe:
1 cup of SR flour...
1 cup of coconut....
3/4 cup of sugar...
3/4 cup of milk...
2 Tblsp of cocoa

Mix well and bake in the oven (190 c) for about 45 -50 mins....this is so easy ...
then add chocolate icing and sprinkle with coconut...delish

Look what arrived in the mail yesterday.......My Pin Cushion of the month from
Quilt Fabric Delights... (see side bar to the left). I can't wait to start this one.....My mum love owls and hedgehogs so I might make it and add to her Christmas pressie. Can you see the little strawberry pin topper.....its a Pinks and Needles one and you get one in with the pin cushion each month...especially designed for that particular pin cushion...exciting.I have been able to finish a few things that needed to be done, a bag for a work colleagues daughter, a new friends daughter and a quilt off to the quilters to be machined ( I will show it to you when it is finished) and I have almost finished my Pay It Forward gifts - (sneak peek above) one is done and the other two will be finished tonight so I will post them tomorrow - look out for the mail, Pauline, Christy and Jo.
Have a great week.
Hugs to all
Dawn x

5 comments:

Rachel's Journal Pages said...

Ohh that cake does look yummy! Any left for me when I come visit on Friday?... :)
I might have to make that - how easy is that recipe!?... thanks

Stina said...

Thanks for the recipe...I love chocolat and coconut so this must be heavenly!!!
Godd luck with the lovely pincushion... :o)

Suzanne said...

The cake looks so yummy and thanks for sharing the recipe I am sure going to try that.
It sounds lovely to hear you sitting outside and stitching while the girls are playing in the sunshiny weather.
I cant wait to see your quilt.

Anonymous said...

Your cake looks delicious and I absolutely have to make it! However, I just wanted to double check that there are no eggs or butter used in this recipie. Thanks!

Janellybelly said...

I made this cake today, the family love it. Thanks for sharing :)
Janelle xx