Pages

September 12, 2008

Vegetables and Shopping........


Today has been a productive day for us. My husband has had an RDO ( rostered day off) and he has been out in the garden.....getting our vegetable patch ready for some new plantings....

He picked the last of some celery ( these did not grow to well a bit small but still tasted ok) some colored beets and a few small cabbages....fresh veg out of the garden smell so yummy....also we were given a compost bin and so he has started to organize using it.....first a google visit to find out the best way to set one up....then to the garden shop for some sawdust or pea straw .......then to find a spot......he wanted it in the middle of the garden...I wanted it towards the back out of the spotlight........we agreed that he would put it were he wanted as long as he would move it when the back area was cleared....Lol.......He cleared the back area first then put it there, as he realised he did not want to start it and then move it...... Yeh it's away from my space and the girls play area....I don't like the smell of waste...even if it is green waste

Now here are some pictures I had to share...yesterday when I came home from doing my grocery shopping it's like a feeding frenzy at the zoo...

my girls love to dive in and help put the shopping away..they grab it all out and try to put it in the fridge as that's were they think it goes...'in the fridge...in the fridge'...not that tin of peaches.................................
I have to keep saying that it goes on the bench.........or in the cupboard or we end up with allsorts in the fridge...toothpaste or soap....

or even shampoo.....like no 2 daughter is saying here.....' more for the fridge' ....oh no you don't... we have to laugh.....they love to unpack shopping.....and see what we have bought...Girls love all things shopping.......We are made that way..........homemakers....God created us to be homemakers....that means shopping as well...Lol

Now for another subject close to my heart...homeschooling... (I home schooled my boys for many years and loved it) anyway while visiting Coffee,Tea,Books and Me today there is a Giveaway...Please take a look...... this is a great blog to visit and be encouraged....

Enjoy some shopping this weekend!
Hugs.......
Dawn x

6 comments:

Rachel's Journal Pages said...

That photo of the veges turned out SOO well - I can't wait to taste the beetroot tomorrow night at your place! Your girls are just so helpful aren't they?? :)

Suzanne said...

I love seeing the girls packing your groceries away, they look like a great help.

Kellie said...

What beautiful girls you have Dawn! I couldn't help but laugh about your comment regarding your girls love of shopping as my boys equally hate the shops! Poor Ben crys when we drive into a shopping centre! We are no doubt born with these traits!

Sonnja said...

Hello Dawn,
What a lovely photos of the little girls!
Kind regards,

Sonnja & Beertje Zonn

April said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your sweet compliments! I'll have to be sure and visit yours again, too! :)

Lenora said...

My children love putting away the groceries too. They dont always get it right, but as DH says, dont knock a volunteer!
Dawn, hope you dont mind, but I have tagged you to divulge 7 random things about yourself. See my blog for the details.