Pages

March 24, 2009

A busy week last week!

Last Thursday I went to visit a dear new friend that I met at the November Craft Fair, she kindly showed me how to drive my quilting frame that my husband had bought me in Oct and I had tried it out and had a problem with my machine...also a new one a Brother PQ1500s...it seemed to tangle underneath all the time, so I left it in the corner ( of the lounge room...all 3.2mts of it - frame that is) a little fearful of using it......funny me afraid of a sewing machine and quilting table...Ha Ha. Well after 3 hours of fun and me trying fearfully to drive Felicity's sewing machine and frame, I think it came to me...at first it was like driving a bus ...very foriegn, Felicity said more power on the handle and slower on the corners........I seemed to do it all wrong at first then .... I GOT IT! Thanks Felicity your a gem!
I finished my small lap quilt I had taken with me.
Here is the front of the quilt...a pineapple log cabin I had made about 12 years ago and always wanted it machine quilted.

and here is the back...I did larger stippling and loved the look of it. I will show the finished quilt next time I promise....I just have to find the right color binding...so I must shop for it.



Then on Friday I visited Lobethal with a friend of mine Judy. We went to visit Mrs Moo a fellow quilter and blogger who we had meet through a craft forum we are in. We had tea/coffee at her home first and she loves moo moo's...hence all things cow around the kitchen. Love it. The visit was to pass on a swap we are in, but the highlight was to see Mrs Moo's beautiful quilts she had made.... . sorry no pics...visit the blog. It is so inspiring when I see others interpretation of a quilt, colors vary and it still looks so beautiful and Mrs Moo's work is so lovely..
Then we went to town, to a lovely market there in the old woolen mill, chatting, sipping coffee, yummy lunch and great company. Thanks Girls.

Now I am out to finish my UFO's and start some more...LOl....I have finished all my applique blocks that I showed you a sneak peek of last post...here is another sneak peak...I won't show it all till I am finshed.... and that will be soon I hope.
Now the warmer weather has gone away and we are having milder days and some spots of rain.... one or two ...it is trying to rain....but much milder days 23 c and lovely breezes. It is these times I love to have relaxing times outside, girls playing in the garden and me with my cup of tea and my stitching. Oh bliss! I have kept my promise to not start another until a UFO is done so am madly tyring to finish it, I am trying as I have seen 100 and 1 other projects to do after visiting Mrs Moo...LOL.......... O where will I find time?...does anyone know where it goes...I know as you get older but I so wish it was so like when I was a kid, it went longer I am sure of it, days took forever.

Yesterday while surfing the net I discovered Bitty, Bits and Pieces and it is an amazing Blog to visit....loads of helpful hints, quilts and also they are having a giveaway, so popover to enter.
Sorry about such a long post.
HUGS
Dawn x x

4 comments:

Joy said...

Yay for you mastering your quilting!!! The quilt looks great from what I can see, can't wait to see the whole thing :o).
Thanks also for the tut link, so pretty, will have to make one of those :o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Cottage Contessa said...

Hi Dawn! It's sounds like you have been a very busy lady, but having lots of fun and learning a lot too. I think your talents are awesome, and think you are an amazing quilter. Sweetie I'd be happy just to know how to 'drive' a sewing machine! lol Wishing you a wonderful day!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Tozz said...

Hi Dawn I am loving your little sneak peeks and cant wait to see the whole thing. Lovely colours.....I think that is getting me in. Sounds like you got totally inspired when you visited MrsMoo.....her quilts are lovely. Great photo too!!

sewing room said...

very cute teddy, I love owing one such even for me