Pages

June 16, 2009

Bags, Bags, Bags and a Baby Quilt

When I look back at what I have achieved so far this year I am happy. I have had some finishes, maybe not all my UFO's but at least I have finished some things and helped a few others to finish theirs as well. Bags bags bags must be on the agenda this year and there seems to be a few of them....they say a girl cannot have to many bags don't they!
Firstly here is a bag that I made for Barbara in a swap I was in and so enjoyed making it.....there was no exact pattern, just borrowed a bit from one pattern and a bit from another and this is what ended up... I actually fell in love with it but thought one day I'll just make another one.

This is the bag that I received, I am spoilt or what? Not just a bag but a journal, a few skeins of DMC thread , a couple of hand made doillies ( I love them and have a special plan for them) and some suffolk puffs to match....Wow...thanks Barbara for being my swap partner....

These 2 bags are from 'Melly and Me' patterns. My mum needed 2 bags to take with her to Perth for my SIL's two neices( her Brothers girls) does that make them related to me? unsure of that hey.....If you want to make a fun bag for a little girl then one of these are the go.....they come together so well, and I have made 3 of the purple style one so far.......1 with a stitchery front like the pattern said and 2 without stitchery and they all turn out so nice..... the cat bag comes in a pattern with an 'Owl and a Pussycat' and is another favorite one to make....especially for little girls birthdays....

A Baby quilt with a difference, I can't put claim to this, my Aunt Janet made this for her great grandaughter 'Chelsea'. Sorry the pic is a bit blurry..........every 2nd square is a cross stitch of Beatrix Potter characters and the last one a teddy bear. The fabric she bought online, and is a Beatrix Potter green and looked so lovely next to the cross stitches. My Aunt was the lady whom I used to sit with when I was little and watch her sew and sew. I so wanted to have a go of her machine but was afraid to ask and years later I am helping her to quilt.....funny how things turn around....I must admit I don't have to show her much just a few tricks and she's off.....stitching away like she used too..... and what a great job she does.......

Hope you have a wonderful week and get to do something that you love....for me spending time with my family and sewing.

P.S. don't forget to enter a comment on my giveaway on my last post for your chance to win.
Hugs Dawn x

2 comments:

mellyandrosie said...

I love the bags Dawn!!!! I love the one without the stitchery - so cute, I think I am going to make one for myself this week =]

XUE said...

The quilt that your Aunt Janet made...oh my goodness...the hours she must have taken with all the embroidery & then, the quilting! What a great aunt to have around!