Pages

July 26, 2009

Fabric, Coffee and Loads Of Fun....Beware Photo Heavy Post!

Oh where to start...... Friday was a fab day....Today was the day of the Craft Forum get together.... I started off really busy organizing my 2 DD's for a busy day with Nana......making sure my Mum new what to feed them... and what activities they could do......they sure do know how to con Nana, chocolate for lunch or ice cream as well, when they are allergic to milk...he he...... We were off, 2 friends from my Tuesday group.........

..... First stop was the Patchwork Apple at Woodside and wow when a large group of ladies are out shopping for fabrics...Look out.... lots of chatter and browsing.... maybe some stash purchases too....
Look at these....

I had to buy these fabrics from the Andalucia range by Patty Young from Mod Kid .....I have had my eye on this range for some time and want to make skirts for my girls with it......look out in the coming weeks for the finished photos...... aren't they just so groovy......
Then these...

are just perfect for My Dear Jane quilt that I am slowly making........ the pink and brown ones are from the 'Charleston' range by Marcus brothers and the green one is from Marcus brothers again but I am unsure of the range..... so if you know the green on on the bottom let me know please......
Then this BOOK

I almost was out of spending money but had to have this great book. I have had my eye on it for some time now..... Melly's latest book which is full of fab projects to make.... absolutely wonderful ones and I think I will be making all the projects at some stage.......
Then it was of to the Lobethal Old Mill for a yummy lunch and lots of chatting...

Here is Heather and Veronica........my 2 friends that went from my Tuesday group.........We called them the ring-ins....hehehe....but were most welcome and also had a fab time meeting some other quilters

Here is the craft forum ladies posing for a photo....nice and sunny on Mrs Moo's patio.
....The Adelaide get together was to meet up with Allison from Orange NSW, who was down in S.A on holidays, also to meet the other forum ladies who are from S.A............. we had a show and tell in the afternoon at Mrs Moo's. That was inspiring seeing all the wonderful creations, and must say some yummy scones with a cup of tea...Thanks Mr Moo for baking the scones. It was a wonderful day and was so nice to meet you all....
......Thanks for hosting it for us Mrs Moo.


I hope you like the cushion Judy and I made for you so we could all sign it, that way you would not forget us....he he!

And to top it off 2 Darling Forum ladies gave little gifts to remember the day, a keycharm from Jorja and a handmade coaster wrapped in fabric from Deb ( great fabric for my dear jane).....THANKS Jorja and Deb for the sweet thought..... I will give Judy hers on Tuesday...

Until next time....
Have a wonderful week,
Hugs and Blessings
Dawn xx

2 comments:

Joy said...

What a fun day out ... I really love your giftie, so pretty :o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)

clare's craftroom said...

How nice , it really sounds like you all had a great time !