Pages

July 08, 2009

'Mothers Love'

I have finally put together my quilt from a fair few years ago.....I so loved this quilt when I saw it, but had 2 babies and found some other favorites, so finishing it was not a proirity. I must admit other things came along and I put it aside for the newer projects, different colors ect. It is now finished and I am unsure if it goes with my decor anymore....maybe it needs to grow on me again, or it might go in the cupboard for that special birthday present when it's needed and I have no time to make a quilt quick. But first to get some more wadding and quilt it b4 it becomes another TBQ ( to be quilted). The pattern is 'Mothers Love' by Natalie Bird from 'The Birdhouse'

Some of the blocks......















They are just so sweet.........Now I can sew something new....that was the deal with my friend I made at the beginning of the year, one new project, one UFO. So now onto a new project....that means some new fabric must be bought...Lol.




Have a great week, happy stitching.
Hugs and Blessings,
Dawn x

5 comments:

Jo Jo said...

That's really lovely Dawn. Don't give it away though...keep it as memories of your babes! xoxox

Home of Creative Treasures said...

I love what you have done...absolutely gorgeous and know I could never give it away if it were mine.

MandaPanda said...

I love the fabrics you've used! Just beautiful!

josy777 said...

I love it. The color', the blocks. It is so much more than I thought it would be and that is saying a lot. Great work Dawn

Quiltin' Sandy said...

That is a beautiful quilt, Dawn. Love the fabrics- they are my kind of colours.