Pages

August 16, 2009

Mobile, Skirts, Skirts and Shoes

Sorry for not posting for a while, we changed our phone, internet, mobile carrier, and that meant new mobiles, new internet address and a big learning curve. I ( dislike, hate umm, no, am unsure of)technology or at least learning how to do the things I did on the old plan a new way.....gives me lots of stress trying to figure it all out (that was partly why I haven't posted )...... give me a sewing machine new or old any day.
But firstly a new mobile cover was to be made....nothing flash for now but will give my mobile a bit of protection .

During this month my Aunt needed to make another baby quilt for her new great grandson and so cross-stitched some Beatrix Potter number blocks and we bordered them and here is the delightful quilt....I had to practice some more stippling this time in a blue on cream...well I need to practice much more.

And if you remember the fabric from my last post here it is made into 2 gorgeous summer skirts for my 2DD....it is Patty Young's Andulucia range and so yummy......I have a little left, might be for some little bags ....umm not sure....maybe for a lap quilt.
Then this is some fabric that I bought a few months back from Fat Quarter Shop and made these patch squares skirts...so easy and no pattern required.... they look so fresh and any color tops will match. I am so enjoying making some clothes again...especially little girls clothes.
I had to show this photo it made me think really hard about what I portray to my 2 young and impressionable daughters. They wanted to walk in my shoes..... so cute hey.... I have had some time reflecting and thought about what they might see in me, what I show them and how can I
bring them up to be delightful young ladies, reassured of who they are and fulfill their dreams.... Ohh I must confess I went out and purchased a really great book for some insight 'Raising Girls'.... a must read.
Have a wonderful week,
Hugs and Blessings
Dawn x








2 comments:

Cathy said...

Ohhhh Dawn with a mummy like you they will be gorgeous little women (just like the book). I love you blog, so pretty and refreshing.......It will be Bob and his 3 Little Women. Old fashioned shabby chic beauty.....Love ya Cathy

Nicky said...

Dawn - just love the skirts what pattern did you use little Miss B would love those for Kindy