Pages

September 06, 2009

Legacy, Snugglepot and Cuddlepie!

Life seems to be that way for our family at the moment.......... With visiting my Dad in the hospital every day this week...( Thanks for your prayers). He is doing really well considering the operation he had was major.... only 5% of people actually make it to the hospital alive...... He survived... thanks to the quick thinking of some wonderful doctors and ambo's...... Thank you God, I can still can enjoy my Dad and that we live in a great nation! My brother was over from Perth to keep a check on Dad... that was good to catch up ( not the usual way to see each other) and for him to see his darling neices and nephew..... they loved their uncle Mark..... I loved seeing them connect too.............


I have tried to unwind by catching up on this...... I have deadline and it needed some finishing touches.......




and here is another sneak peek:










Don't you just love that fabric.... it is 'Legacy' by Moda and I am in love with it..... It is so fresh and crisp........ a darling to work with!
Now have you heard of 'May Gibbs', she wrote the book 'The Complete Adventures of Snugglepot and Cuddlepie'.... here is one of the illustrations.... absolutely gorgeous..... I always loved reading this story when I was a little girl....... 'The Adventures of Gumnuts'... he he
The drawings are so amazing. I love them. It's Spring time here and all the blossom's are coming out to show their beauty, a beauty that you can not get anywhere else in the world....... Australian Gum tree blossom in pink.......... that will become a GumNut!
Now speaking of spring and all things Australian........ Little blossoms and gumnuts...... Watch this space......... for something very exciting and special!
Have a wonderful week,
Hugs and Blessings
Dawn x

5 comments:

Terry said...

I'm glad to hear your dad is doing well! We had a friend who's aorta burst and he was one of the unlucky ones who never made it to the hospital. He was only 46. So hug your dad and enjoy the extra time with him.

Wendy B said...

i was about to say.....Snugglepot and Cuddlepie ....Aussie gumnuts.....that sounds like a stitching project just waiting to happen!!!! Thank God your Father is well....prayers have been flying!!!!
;o) Wendy B

Dawn said...

Good to hear your dad is better! Gumnuts?...hummmm...interesting! Your stitchery looks amazing!

clare's craftroom said...

That is fabulous news about your dad !

Denny1600 said...

How generous this is! I'd love to win!!