Pages

October 20, 2009

Amazing 'Dont Look Now' Workshop

So sorry it has taken me a few days to post about the amazing weekend I had at Hetties Patch... with Kellie from 'Dont Look Now'.
Thanks Kellie for teaching us some very valuable lessons and tips to make our sewing life easier...machine quilting was a thorn for me - not now that I understand how to get out of those tricky spots and when to stop and think, and restart....
From the moment I arrived I was excited.... not to say I wasn't before I went but once I was there it was just fantastic....
Big Thanks
to everyone who organised the event - Lorraine @ Hetties Patch had everything set up beautifully with lots of little touches that made the experience so like being at home... totally relaxing....there was some wonderful ladies who just helped us have a wonderful time...

Leannne - who made the wonderful name badges ( tutorial on her blog)

and the beautiful bags we received when we first arrived....( must say filled with goodies...)

Karen - who was there to help us feel so at home and bring some yummy cuppa's for us, make our time enjoyable ( and it was) and was such a help...
There were many other delightful ladies, serving lunch and in the shop cutting us fabric
THANKS!
One of the best things for me was I came home with something accomplished


A beautiful cushion (DS's girlfriends 17th birthday - which is today)
Only a half hour once I came home to put the back on the
beautiful practice cushion did you hear that.... it was only the practice.....LOL
Wow I am happy with my practicing...
I will definately be tackling some more of Kellies beautiful designs.
I bought a couple of her patterns home with me....to practice on ... he he

Have you been to the Among The Gum Trees blog this week....
You can download Cheryl's delightful wall hanging

It is just lovely... reminds me of Christmas....
Oh that is not long away.... I had better get ready
Have a lovely week.
Hugs and Blessings
Dawn x x

16 comments:

Joy said...

WOW!!! That's your practice piece???!!!! It's fabulous Dawn, you really are a clever nutter ;o)!
Love n hugs,
Joy :o)

teresa said...

Love your cushion Dawn, it is gorgeous. So glad you had such a great time. xx

Judith Tetley said...

Yes WOW!!....What a fabulous workshop. Your work is just soooo nice Dawn....nice name badge....nice bag of goodies....hell of a nice day to beat I think!
Congratulations
'Lotsa love'
Judith
http://creativestudio10.blogspot.com

What Comes Next? said...

I am so envious of you! I'd love to take one of Kellie's workshops - but there's a little matter about getting there. Don't think DH would understand if I said I had to fly to Australia for the weekend! Of course I could make it longer and meet a few other people ;)! Your practice piece is beautiful, and will be very loved I'm sure. I must get busy with my Christmas projects.
turning green in Canada,

Nancy said...

Your cushion is GEORGOUS.. I love the technique... I just ordered the Lilly Pilly Pattern and can't wait to start it...

Fiona said...

What a gorgeous cushion sweetie - I love Kelly's stuff and you have done a very fine job of it.

XXXXX

Wendy B said...

I saw Leanne's tute on the namebadges...what a cute idea!!! love 'em...those sticky ones just don't do it for me! And your 'practice' cushion...I don't think I could give it away....gooooor-ge-us!!!!
You've done very well my friend...very impressive!
sugary hugs
'o) Wendyb

maggi said...

Sounds like a brilliant workshop and your practice cushion is exceptional. Bet she loves it, lucky girl.

SewLindAnn said...

Your piece is fabulous! I love their goody bag fabric, and a pattern too. I saw the name badge tutorial, which led me to something else, which led me to Kellie's blog, which led me to a USA online shop to purchase 2 patterns. One is preordered, a gorgeous garden applique and I purchased Lilly Pilly. Can't wait to order more!

Allie said...

My what a clever nut you are, Dawn! That's a practice piece? GORGEOUS. My goodness. I saw that pattern on Kellie's blog and fell in love with it - just like I do all her patterns! I'm so glad you had a good time and learned a lot!

Kim D. said...

Wow Dawn, Your cushion is gorgeous and if that's practice I wonder what your regular one will look like? I'm sure it will be amazing too. Sounds like you had a nice time. Good for you, I look forward to seeing what other patterns you make by Kellie.

Leanne said...

Great to see it became a cushion. It was a fun weekend.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

WOW!! What a gorgeous cushion - you clever, clever gal!!!

Jude said...

Well done and I am glad you enjoyed the workshop.

Micki said...

I love the cushion! It is just gorgeous!
Micki

Khris said...

It really is a gorgeous cushion in real life...hugs khris