Pages

October 26, 2009

Washing dishes...and Willow 2.

Ok.... I am all for kids helping do the dishes and they love it when they are little but how do you keep them intersted when they are teenagers... he he...
Here are my 2 DD doing their thing...Lol... How sweet are they?

Must scrub that tea cup clean...

now to smile at mummy throught the window... cheese!

Yesterday we did the dishes... the Tea Set ones of course... but beside half of the reservoir on the kitchen floor the girls had so much fun... they carefully washed and rinsed and dryed and then washed again and rinsed and dryed until the tea set was sparkling clean.
We then had a lovely tea party with some fresh Pumkin scones that Nana had sent around for us for morning tea....yummy...

Afternoon was time for mummy to do some more of Willow..after cutting out my flowers and birds
I then cut out about 98 leaves..

then I cut out the branches... and I happened to buy some of the same stripe that Kellie used....

then I assembled the front of the cushion to look like this....

I am very pleased with the look... now to do the raw edge applique and all the free motion quilting.
have you been to Kellie's blog to have a look at her new designs... Do so some yummy eye candy.

Now for a new free design from another Gum Tree Designer
I love this new design and will be filling mine with cinnamon and cloves to smell like Christmas...
be sure to thank Vicki on her blog...

Hugs and Sweet Blessings
Dawn x x


15 comments:

Maria said...

Oh they are so cute doing the dishes but don't know how you keep them doing it later.

Your willow is gorgeous.

What Comes Next? said...

if you figure out how to get them to contnue to do the dishes, please tell! Your Willow is looking fabulous - can't wait to see the next progress shot.

Lorraine said...

Wow.....Willow is looking good! I haven't started mine yet....but the practice piece is finished! gotta love those little ones doing their tea set dishes!

Joy said...

Oh I'm just shrieking with delight ... your girls are SO CUTE, they're ADORABLE - oooh, those curls!!!! Keep that piccy in your heart dear Dawn cos they grow out of it WAY too soon LOL. Resign yourself to it now, they're never gonna wash dishes when they're teenagers he he he.
Love & Hugs,
Joy :o)
PS your 'Willow' is to die for you clever Nutter!!! Love it :o)!!!

Allie said...

Ok, those are the cutest little girls I've ever seen! I love my boys but oh how I've always wanted a girl.
Here's how you keep them interested when they're teens - you tie chores to privileges, like computer. I have one that does all the laundry and the cat box, the other takes care of the garbage and dog. If they don't do their chores, I take computer time. They haven't missed in years, lol. When they were small, it was tied to lego's. Use whatever is dear to them except your time with them! Train them when they're young and it will lighten your load. I needed mine lightened - with chronic health problems AND homeschooling, I just can't do it all.

LOVE Willow - I love that stripe for the branches too. I can't wait to see this done!

Tozz said...

I so love your little ones...they are so cute!! I love your Willow too Dawn...lots of lovely leaves!
hugs
Vicki

angelasweby said...

Dawn,
The girls look lovely. I think it's a great idea making washing up fun. They look so sweet looking out of the window. Now when can you get them vacuuming and cooking the dinner :>)

Willow is going to be wonderful. Thankfully the massive leaf cutting session is over, now you can start the fun bit.
Lots of huigs Angela

Fiona said...

Those girls are just gorgeous !!

Teresa said...

The girls are just too cute. Your applique is wonderful, I love the folk look of the design.

Wendy B said...

How sweet......my 14, nearly 15 year old will happily do the dishes.............for money!!!! *groan* What a great idea with the doorstop...very Christmassy! and I love your willow....she's beautiful (but does sound like a lot of work.....i'd probably loose half my leaves!!!)
sugary hugs
Wendy B 'o)

Jude said...

Can I borrow the girls to do my dishes now and then please especially as I get the floor washed at the same time. Keep going on the willow pillow( nice rhyme there)I want to see it finished for Xmas.

Kris said...

Oh Dawn! Your girls are just soooo cute! My teenagers do the dishes for FREE! So it can happen. Some do it without being asked and some you have to ask, but they will then do it. Your Willow is looking just lovely too! Mine is still in the bag it came in. Very gorgeous work!

clare's craftroom said...

That cushion is going to be gorgeous !

Anita said...

I love this quilting! It's look like a hungarian pattern! Super!

Jill said...

Wow, that looks fantastic Dawn - the choice of fabric for the flowers is perfect. I have to confess I haven't even cut out my first Willow - one day!