Pages

November 18, 2009

Bannoffi Pie and 'No More Aphids'!

This is one of my favorite desserts...... Bannoffi pie....

and is so easy to make ....
if you like Banana Caramel Pie....
you will love this.
My Recipe:
Fill a shortcrust pie crust base with homemade custard
and then chill for 3 hours....
top with 2 banana's cut in rings.......
pour 'Top and Fill Caramel' over banana's
and the top with fresh wipped cream....
chill for another 2 hours
then sprinkle grated chocolate over this....
then EAT... yummy yummy.....
I think it's much nicer than banana caramel....have a try!

Aphids all gone..... did you try my Molasses trick.....
I took this photo about 5 days after I had given my Roses
a drink of molasses and the aphids flew away
and have not returned.....
my blooms have now all gone and are now trimmed
ready for the the next bloom...
Christmas time....
oh that is not to far away are you ready!
Pop over to Vikki's blog to check out some
gorgeous new patterns and a giveaway!
Have a lovely week.
Hugs and Blessings Dawn x x

11 comments:

ange_moore said...

DH and I feel in love with Banoffee Pie when living in London - I must have a go at making one, maybe for Christmas! Thanks for sharing - I would never have thought to add the custard to a normal Caramel Banana pie.

Allie said...

Sounds yummy, I've give the recipe to dh, lol. Molasses for aphids - I'll have to remember that!!!!!

Tozz said...

Oh what an easy recipe...I am going to try this and maybe use it on our visitors next time they come. What a good idea the molasses is...all gone eh? Excellent!
hugs
Vicki

Sew Useful Designs said...

Thank you for the recipe, gorgeous girl!!!

Your rose looks divine! Yay - no aphids! Yay!!

loves ya! Vikki xo

teresa said...

Thanks Dawn, I have loved ordering banoffi pie from my little local coffee shop, now I have the recipe!! and it looks so lovely and easy.. I can't wait to make it. Thank you so much xx Great news about the molasses working too

Micki said...

Thanks for a wonderful recipe!
Micki

angelasweby said...

Dawn, hi,
I'm glad to say I find banoffi pie a little too rich for me but both kids adore it. Your recipe sounds gorgeous and looks heavenly, I especially love the addition of custard :>)

Sadly, I can't try out your aphid remedy until next year but I have great faith in it and am sure it will be the answer to my poor roses prayers :>)
Hugs Angela
PS I owe you an email. I haven't forgotten :>)

Kim D. said...

Hi Dawn, Your dessert sounds so yummy and looks good too. Thanks for the tip on the molasses for eliminating those pesky aphids. I have an organic spray that I've been using on mine, but they seem to return after awhile. I'll have to try the molasses.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

quiltinbysea said...

A triple thank you, the molasses-aphid trick, that divine Bannoffi pie, making that for the family visit tomorow, but the biggest thank you is for Gum Tree Designer Christmas Cushion.
Thanks for them all Dawn

Jude said...

That pie looks delicious and is it calorie free.