Pages

November 08, 2009

Bussssy bussssy week... Warning LOOOONNNNG Post!

This week has been busssy busssy for me....
Monday- first thing was ballet with the girls, sewing at a friends house ( to use her you beaut sewing machine) then home for a visit from my DS's Grandparents. Then I had mum's group Dinner at a local restuarant....that was nice to get out and chat without the little 'words' asking for this or that...

Tuesday- Craft morning @ my place with Melbourne Cup lunch to share for everyone... that was so much fun... I won the sweep we had, with 'Shocking' coming in first. Then off to the post office to send something to a friend, then home again and out for another catch up with a friend.

Wednesday - DD no 1 started Pre -entry Kindy for the first time.... yes we had tears, that was a shock as she is quite independent..I stayed for a little while... while trying to let DD no 2 get to comfortable as we were not staying all the time...she cried as well cos we had to leave her sister there. The first thing they did was to have school photos taken and there she was in the front of them all looking a bit perplexed as to what on earth was going on...Lol...can't wait to see the picture of her look!
Couldn't have planned that if I tried... a professional school photo of your first day @ kindy...he he.
Here is the photo I took just before leaving home...
'Me and My Big Sister'


Thursday - I had looked forward to this day for a while.... my mum babysat while I went with a few friends to the 'Adelaide Craft fair'......lots of beautiful quilts to look at and such yummy fabrics to see and buy... lots of stalls to browse... it took us all day from 10.30am to 5pm ( we were asked to leave... he he) I was totally exhausted when I arrived home and so brain dead.... I did buy some yummy stuff though....
below is a photo of us enjoying lunch and a catch up with a forum buddie !

From left: Judy, Heather, Joy, Khristina, Roseanne.

Friday - Off to playgroup with the girls, I love going, it is a wonderful group of mums and kiddies and we have so much fun, this week we made masquerade masks, oh how much fun they have had with them since....here they are with them on.....
Then off to lunch @ at a 'Rest a rant' as the girls called it with a dear friend for her birthday, then a "problem' struck.... my car broke down in 35 degrees heat, oh too hot, and we waited for an hour for the repairman to fix what we thought was the battery... we found out later that it wasn't the battery... after we purchased a new one....then I got organised for tea time....and DH of to Archery....

Saturday - was a little bit more relaxing, even though I needed to catch up on washing and all the normal stuff that needed doing to make the house more like a home not a dumping ground... he he......The afternoon was another scorcher 36 degrees again and once more we all went into the car to go shopping. But this time we did not get far, the car would not start no matter what my hubby did we did not go ... so two very dissappointed girls in tow, back into the cooler house... and me I went shopping alone. I did enjoy it but had two very upset littlies cos they couldn't get an icecream... our ritual when we go to the shops on a Saturday.
Today, have relaxed some and have caught up on all my self inflicated deadlines.he he
Hope you've had a brilliant day.
Look out tommorrow for my turn at 'Among the Gum Trees' freebie.
Hugs Dawn x x

6 comments:

creativedawn said...

Hi Dawn,
I enjoyed traveling with you through your week. Your daughters are so adorable standing there looking so much alike, almost like twins! heh heh heh... My Laura and Mike Jr are 22 mos apart and that same scenario has played out at least a couple times...LOL! They are 17 and 15 now and are closer still. WOW! You know Khristina! She is a lovely person. I met her and spent the day with her when she and Glen traveled here to Philadelphia last year and we(Khris) talk online everyday. I gasped when I saw her sitting there as though we were sharing the same friends, that means you and I MUST be friends...funny isn't it? This computer has brought us all a bit closer. Well, this comment doesn't HAVE to be as long as your entry, lol... so have a lovely week and I'll be back on Monday to see what you're up to and pick up the Gum Tree freebie. I am in awe of you ladies by the way...so much talent in one place...smile!
hugz
Pam

What Comes Next? said...

No kidding you've been bussssy! What fun to come along with you on your week - are we going to get to see what you picked up at the Craft Fair? The girl's are so cute - that picture's a real keeper, for sure! I'm going to be working on "Gum Tree" designs tomorrow, and can hardly wait for the next one! You gals are all so talented, and the rest of us get to benefit - thanks so much!

Allie said...

Wowee what a week you had - your girls are SO adorable!!! I feel for you, breaking down in that heat, been there done that and threw a tantrum or two about it....it gets scary when your ride breaks down. Especially with little ones along.
I can't wait to see your design....I know it will be darling! And I hope your car gets fixed soon and not too expensively! AND I hope you get some time to breathe this coming week, sweetie!

Kris said...

Wow! What a week Dawn! It's going to be a warm one this week. I'm hoping to stay home in front of the sewing machine and air conditioner!

Khris said...

Okay I am worn out now...LOL....but true, after our big day out at the Quilt and Craft Show I am buggered. I have slept for days...LOL..and only just got some sewing done yesterday...but they were prim dolls...lol...probably not up your alley...LOL...hugs Khris

teresa said...

Wow Dawn, I'm exhausted just reading your post!!! What a week. It's been really hot here too and we've ended up with a couple of monster storms. Your girls are gorgeous!!