Pages

November 16, 2009

Medallion Quilt and EGGnormous!

I thought you might like to see the medallion quilt
that I received back this last week....
I had made the centre square and then it travelled
around Australia for 10 ladies to each add a border....


In order of the border they added a big THANKS to
Judy, Roseanne,Trish, Natalie, Tina, Elly,
Carol, Trish,Deb, and Sam....
Thankyou ladies for the beautiful borders you made
and your collective effort has given me a gorgeous quilt........
Now to add a finishing touch to the plain border... (a stitchery)....
then I will be quilting it...so look out fior the finished result!

Well I have never seen eggs this large..... When my neighbour came over to give me 1/2 dozen fresh farm eggs, I was astounded to see the size of them...
they would not fit in the carton....
we weighed them and they weighed in at 98gms each approx...
thats almost twice the size of a normal egg.....
amazing... poor chook... he he....
and yes they all were double yokers... and very yummy.....

Don't forget it's Monday and Vikki of Sew Useful designs
has created a yummy Christmas freebie
for you to download from the Among the Gum Trees blog today...
so check it out!
and don't forget to thank Vikki for it on her blog.
Have a wonderful week!
Hugs and Blessings
Dawn x x

9 comments:

Fiesta said...

your round robin quilt came back lovely.

Karen said...

Your medallion quilt came out quite well. I participated once in a similar type round robin and never got mine back.

Allie said...

Oh Dawn, your quilt is so beautiful! You must be so pleased with it - I can't wait to see it quilted. It's truly gorgeous!

Those eggs are incredible, I'm so glad I'm not the hen, lol!

teresa said...

Hi Dawn, your quilt is gorgeous.. what a beautiful idea..regarding the eggs... I feel for the hen :)

creativedawn said...

that is a lovely quilt and I know it will be more gorgeous after you stitch and quilt it! looking forward to that!
hugz
Pam

Joy said...

Ooooh, what a gorgeous quilt. Lucky you :o)!!!
Those eggs are mahoosive!!!! I agree, poor chooky :o/
Hugs,
*mwah*
Joy :o)

Jude said...

I hope I get to eat cake made from those ginormous eggs on Tuesday or your in trouble.

SheilaC said...

What a great idea for a round robin!! I have heard of swapping blocks before, but never this borders idea.
It is beautiful!

SheilaC

Wendy B said...

Dont you just love the idea of the round robin borders??? You get such a surprise..did you see our guild's on my recent post??? They were so beautiful, as is yours...I can understand how proud of it you are!!!!! Gorgeous!!!!!
....and those eggs....gives new meaning to 'yum yum, chooky's {poor} bum!!!!'.....hehehe
enjoy those whoppers!
big sugary hugs.
XXX 'o) Wendy