Pages

December 24, 2009

MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!

It is almost 9pm on Christmas Eve and we are preparing for Christmas Day.....
the presents are wrapped and under the tree.........
the table is set ready for the morning......
DH is outside in the dark putting together a swing set for the girls......
I have just put the lollies on the gingerbread house and
will then get the cinnamon scrolls ready for baking in the morning......
the carols are on the TV and the candles are burning......
The girls before they went to bed sprinkled the reindeer food on the grass
and I have to draw the reindeer footprints outside on the concrete
driveway once it gets a bit later
( a tradition my neighbour started with her boys and now withmy children).....
the Christmas cake is iced and the trifle is made.....
I love the serenity of the Eve.... a calm waiting for the excitement of the day ahead....
The birth of Christ... a time to celebrate and reflect on what God has blessed us with.....
I want to say a BIG THANKYOU to you all
for a wonderful year of friendship....
your comments have blessed me so much
do drop by next year for a cuppa and a chat...
I have some wonderful things in store for you!


I want to wish you and your families a Merry Christmas and wonderful New Year
Hugs and Sweet Blessings
Dawn x x x x

10 comments:

retdairyqueen said...

And a very Merry Christmas to you
Look forward to catching up in the New Year
Cute girls You can see the excitement

Terry said...

Merry Christmas Dawn! And all the best to you in the New Year! :0)

May Britt said...

Merry Christmas to you too. Thank you for all the inspiration you have given us during 2009. Relax and enjoy these Christmas days.

Sandra said...

FELIZ NAVIDAD DAWN..!!
Muchas felicidades para tí y tu familia...
Besos

moramargaritaster said...

Hope you have a nice Night before christmas.

Merry christmas and happy new year!!

Wendy B said...

Dawn, have a lovely, lovely day today and a wonderful end to the old and beginning to the new year!! It's been a blessing to have you as my very first bloggy friend ...thank you!
XX sugary hugs and blessings back :O)

Tozz said...

I love how traditions are made and the raindeer footprints is a fabulous one sweetie :) Hugs and love Vicki
xoxoxoxo
Give those two little munchkins a big hug from me :)

angelasweby said...

Dawn, hi,
Hope the girls enjoyed their Christmas surprises. Your preparations are not so different from ours. We might have been turning up the heating and watching the birds nibble hungrily in the snow covered garden but the presents were under the tree and the carols were playing gently in the background just like yours. I was icing the cake - a little late but I like soft icing and everyone was relaxed and enjoying the magic of the moment :>)
Sending you all blessings for a happy and healthy new year .
Angela xx

Jude said...

Dawn the girls look adorable and I like the idea of reindeer hoof prints on the driveway, must remember that for nexy year. I hope you had a great day with your family and I will see you soon to share our blessings for Xmas.

Micki said...

Merry Christmas and a blessed New Years to you and yours!
Micki