Pages

January 16, 2010

Don't you just love.....

variegated threads.....

I do and so when I was able to purchase these ones
for a good price I paid for them quick!
DMC have bought out a new range
of variegated threads in the 4000 range...
The color change seems to happen at a shorter
length and there are some nice yummy
colors that they never had before....
Can't wait to start using these in my stitchery's!

Now I said that I was going to use a diary
for recording things that I accomplish

and above you can see that each day there is a
comment on what I may have sewn...
even if it was cutting out a border or stitching a few flowers...
designing or sewing a project together,
by doing this I see what I can accomplish.
This I found has kept my mojo going...
and that's a good thing!

I have been catching up on UFO's while it has been
a wee bit HOT here in my neck of the woods.
And here is one of them that I have been
meaning to get to for quite a while
It is the first block of Rosalie Quinlan's BOM
'Home is Where the Heart Is'....
this is part of block 1 needle turn applique....
I have received 5 blocks so far and have some catching up to do!
Why you might ask am I so slow... well besides life being busy
I was so unsure how to get my needle turn applique perfect....
Until.....
These ladies showed me... here and here....
and now with some Floriani Stitch and Wash fusible
I am off and running..
I love this product and so have started
on the quilt along with Kellie and am liking what I see...


I chose the Patisserie range of fabrics by Moda and it looks so lovely
This is easier than it looks and
it's not to late to try this quilt along so pop over to
'Don't Look Now' and join in the fun.

Sorry for the long post...
Next week I have a tutorial for some little girl gifty's,
So keep a look out!
Hugs and Sweet Blessings
Dawn x x x

12 comments:

stitchinfiend said...

Oh those cottons are yummy - I haven't seen them yet. I keep a weekly diary and also keep times of my stitching - it is lovely to look back and see what you have achieved.

Joy said...

Mmmmmm, love the threads, variegateds are my faves, what a fun shopping trip ;o)!!! I'm keeping a diary of what I've been stitching too, great idea you clever Nutter :o)!!!
Love n hugs,
Joy :o)

Jilly said...

Those colours are beautiful!! I too love the variegated one!
I also love the metallic threads they are so pretty! I brought some the other day!
oxoxo

Jilly said...

OH! I just love 4010, 4015 and 4020!
Very soft colors!
oxoxo

moramargaritaster said...

Love the threads.Great idea to keep a diary of what you`d been sewn.Your moda fabrics are lovely,your quilt will be great.

Fun weekend!!

Jessica said...

Your quilt along block looks great, I love the colours.
Keeping a diary is a fantastic idea!

Sharon (Stitches on Mars) said...

Hi Dawn,
That diary idea is a great one, my mojo needs constant refreshment and its easy for it to go walkabout.
I also love the variegated cottons. I just love them...
I think I'm going to have to get some of that florani...so it just washes away...How cool is that.
Hugs, Sharon

Kim D. said...

Beautiful Threads. I love those patisserie fabrics and I have the fabrics to make a quilt one of these days. Those fabrics are gorgeous! Wish I could join the Don't look Now quilt along, but I'm so busy right now. Enjoy!! Your block is lovely.

Tozz said...

OOhhhh...Dawn you got lots of lucsious threads :) I am loving your Josephs quilt too.....gorgeous colours :)

Allie said...

Oh I LOVE variegated threads - those are really nice! I'll have to look for them.

Your diary is a good idea - I'd probably lose mine in the clutter, lol! Love your needleturn, you're doing a great job!

angelasweby said...

Dawn hi :>)
What a lovely blog entry full of newsy chit chat!! I love the idea of the varigated threads changing colour in shorter lengths. My favourite colour of all time, I have decided - apart from the pink range, of course, is DMC 115 but, because it changes colour so infrequently i end up chopping bits off and wasting lots of thread.!!

Your diary is such a great idea. I've peeped at it and am very impressed with the entry for Sunday 10th: Tidied sewing area :>) I need to organize my stitching this year and write what i have stitched and when it was done. This has definitely inspired me.

Your UFO stitching looks wonderful.
Warm wishes Angela

Jilly said...

I love the diary idea do you mind if I use it?
oxoxoxo