Pages

March 19, 2010

Quilt along update......

I have been busy with lots of other stitchy stuff....
which I can't show you,
but have found a little time to do the
Don't look Now - Joseph's Coat
Not much finished but there is little progress.....
1 x block stitched ( picture was taken before stitched)

Five sets of petal shapes ready to be glued....

Four glued and ready to be stitched down....

I am way behind as I did not know what fabric range to use...
Once I had decided I had to order it and then find some extra.
I am using Patisserie by Fig Tree Quilts for Moda.
Very yummy....(using turnovers and a layer cake)
I am also in the deciding stage whether or
not to do the whole 49 or just 25 or maybe 36...
Must decide soon....
I am very encouraged by other Jacobs Coat
participants progress.
Thank you to Kellie for teaching a fabulous design.
I love the needle turn technique now.
Hugs and Happy Quilt-along.
Dawn x x x
Update: as of 22nd March
4 more blocks glued down ready for stitching...

Baseco Bag update.... 162 sold so far...Thank you to all
I still need your help...
Blog about it and help me reach my goal of 1000.
If you want use a picture from my blog of my Baseco bag
as a button link. Feel free to do so.
THANKYOU. x x x


8 comments:

Allie said...

Oh Dawn I think you're so brave to try that quilt - it's looking very yummy! I've been having trouble getting buttons on my blog lately, but I'll give it a go.

Jude said...

Glad to see some progress Dawn, but dont stop your other ideas. Great news on the Baseco pattern selling.

Lenora said...

Hi Dawn. You have been busy! Love your choice of fabric for Kellie's quilt along. It is a hard decision deciding what size to make, I often have the conflict of wanting a larger size, but wanting it to come together quickly. Good luck with the decision.

Kellie said...

Hey Dawn!!!!!! How are you????
Your quilt is looking wonderful!
Thanks so much for joining in!
Kelliex
PS Drop by and catch up when I am over youtr way in June ... I'd love to see you & your blocks!!!! LOL!

joanna said...

love that block & the fabric of course LOL!

joanna

Dawn said...

LOL... it is the best fabric like all of them in the Fig range..he he... 'I'm in love'...Lol... with fabric of course...

angelasweby said...

Wow Dawn, this is going to be something really really special. I love the fabric range and agree with you that choosing the right fabrics is crucial..
I shall be watching your progress with huge enjoyment Angela xx

Shontelle said...

I love the fabric range you've chosen for your Joseph's coat quilt. It is going to be stunning.