Pages

April 07, 2010

Homespun and Update!

A few months back I was asked to design
a special something for my favorite magazine.
Australian Homespun.
The project is very pretty and can be made
for your mum in time for Mothers day, or for yourself.
There are two parts and it is for the laundry,
and I can't tell you any more until I get my hot little hands
on it but I can show you the cover to look out for.

The cover is very pretty and has some great designs in it.
There is also a design from my fellow Gum Tree designer Vikki.
Have a look at your local Newsagent for 11 No 4
there are also some more blocks of the
BOM 'Life is a celebration' .

Speaking of patterns, here is a picture of the cheque
I deposited into the charity account
for the missionaries Mark and Christine.
Its for all of the sales up to 1st of April for the Baseco Tote.
It is a combined effort from all of YOU who have
purchased the Tote Bag pattern.
Thank you!
Together we can 'Make a Difference'
I so far have sold 206 patterns
raising $824 and have deposited $740
towards the poor in Baseco.
I am still hoping to raise $4000
by selling 1000 patterns.
I appreciate everyones help so far.
Happy Stitching
Hugs Dawn x x


8 comments:

Jessica said...

I can't wait for homespun to arrive!
Good job on your efforts to help people in need!

CraftyMummy said...

I'll certainly be looking out for Homespun now!

Cyndi said...

Oooh, congratulations on having a design in a major magazine. How exciting. And yes, the cover of that mag is lovely...right up my alley.

Keep up the good work for the charity, Dawn. My Open House for the end of this month got cancelled, so I'll be contacting you soon to just give a donation!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Allie said...

Yay for Homespun - and how lovely to raise so much, Dawn, praying you meet your goal!

angelasweby said...

Hi Dawn,
What an amazing achievement collecting so much money for such a wonderful cause. Congratulations and good luck on reaching your target.

I can't wait to see the exciting project in the new issue of Homespun magazine :>)
I know it's going to be well worth the wait :>)
Warm hugs my dear friend :>)
Angela xx

Khris said...

Well done girlfriend....will definitely buy this months Homespun even if its just for your pattern. Well done on the cheque for Beseco. Lets hope you the patterns keep selling and more funds are raised for a good cause...hugs Khris

Jill said...

Congratulations Dawn - you're now published and famous. Will keep an eye out for Homespun. Jill x

Samelia's Mum said...

I got my Homespun yesterday and your work is fabulous. Can't wait to have a go at it :-)