Pages

May 03, 2010

Party Boy, Sneak Peak, Paper Roses...........and Beauty is Timeless!

DS's 18th birthday party was so lovely...
we had about 45 people turn up
and the weather was really nice...
bit cool but we had cover and jackets.
Lots of yummy food, a great BBQ
which darling hubby was in charge of,
lots of yummy deserts...
mini bite size pavlova's, cream puffs, anzac's,
and chocolate mud cake for the birthday cake.
Only thing that went wrong was my
camera decided to not work
so no nice pictures from my camera.

I will have to rely on some friends who took lots of pictures.
The photo above looks good of DS and his lolly filled Pinata..
It was full of lollies for them to burst and eat!

The week before last I had received
lots of mail and this delightful
pattern came.... It is absolutely gorgeous
and if you want a really easy pattern
and wanting to use some of those
charm packs you might
have stashed then this is for you...
Paper Roses by Joanna Figuero of Fig Tree quilts.
Can't wait to make this now.

And I said I had a sneak peak

and here it is
another little part of my new wall hanging..
Don't you just love that fabric... "Whimsy'
it is so sweet and beautiful to work with,
Can you guess what it is?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now I have just seen this amazingly gorgeous cushion.
'Beauty is Timeless'

it really caught my attention.
Now I am going to make one for myself
and my Mum and you can too.
This gorgeous cushion was made by
Jenny of Elefantz in aid of
UNHCR Worlds biggest MOTHERS DAY relief package.

All Jenny's proceeds from the sale of the pattern will
go in aid of this wonderful cause.
BUT you can only purchase this for One week only..
up until the 9th of May
I have bought my pattern have you bought yours yet?
Click HERE.
I am going to make it this week.....
Wonder what fabrics I'll choose to make it up?

Have a Wonderfully Blessed week.
Hugs and Happy Stitching
Dawn x x x




5 comments:

Debs said...

Shame about your camera Dawn. I do hope someone from the night has some they can give you. You DS does look happy in the photo on your blog.

Are you making another bag? Or is it a table runner????

Vicki said...

Love the sneek peak Dawn and I can hardly wait to see the whole lot. :) Your son is one good looking man and cute as a button and I bet all the girls think he is cute too :) Glad his night went well and everyone had a good time.
hugs Vicki xoxooxox

Allie said...

That sounds like a wonderful party, Dawn, but oh so sad about your camera! Your son is a very handsome young man.
I love that pattern although it sure doesn't look easy, lol - and your sneak peek is delicious!
Your Baseco bag and Jenny's pattern are both on my list for this week!

Jude said...

Hope Matthew`s party was a goer and I wish him the best for his 18th.Stop teasing us with sneak peeks, it looks interesting. So much to catch up on after 3 weeks away i may be up until midnight to finish all my blogging.

angelasweby said...

Wow what a lovely lot of goodies to look at :>)
The birthday boy looks as if he's having such a wonderful time. What a great gathering.

I love the sneak preview of your wall hanging Dawn. The colours are lovely. There are so many beautiful fabrics around, they are just crying out to be turned into gorgeous things to enjoy. Paper Roses and Beauty is Timeless being just two of the thousands that are out there. We need those fairy elves more than ever...haha!

Sending lots of faraway hugs and please give two big ones to my faraway friends. Something is soon going into the post for them...haha :>)
Angela xx