June 12, 2010

Oh the smell of fresh Cinnamon Scrolls!

They are so delicious to taste as well...
I can't always stop at one...
I have been asked a few times for the recipe I use
So I am sharing it with you.
Just don't blame me if your waistline increases...he he
As it is hard to stop at one.

Cinnamon Scrolls!
Makes 24 scrolls.

Ingredients:
240ml of warmed milk ( 40 degrees C).
1/3 cup of butter.
220ml of water (room temp)
2 teaspoons of active dry yeast ( 10gm)
3/4 cup of white sugar.
2 eggs.
6 - 8 cups of plain flour ( all purpose)

Filling:
2 teaspoons of Cinnamon.
1 1/2 cups of soft dark brown sugar.
(combine dark brown sugar and cinnamon together)
1/3 cup of butter ( for spreading)

Method:
Warm the milk, then add the 1/3 cup butter
till it melts and then the water.
This should be lukewarm then.
In a large bowl combine milk, butter, water mix to
yeast, white sugar and eggs, lightly stir together.
add 2 cups of flour stir,
add another 2 cups of flour and stir again to combine.
It starts to get very thick here and you need to keep stirring.
Add remaining flour a little at a time...
( sometimes I have some left that will not combine
into mixture and other times I have none left over and use more)
It begins to resemble bread dough.
Once the dough pulls together turn onto a
lightly floured surface and knead for about 5 minutes.
It should not be to sticky but good enough to handle and knead.
Keep adding a little flour to your surface so it doesn't stick.
Divide dough into 2 pieces.
Roll each piece to a largish rectangle... 12" x 10".
Spread each rectangle with half the butter for filling
and half the Cinnamon sugar.
Start to roll up along the longest edge.
Dab a little water on the end so to stick it together.
Cut with a very sharp knife, 12 scrolls.
In a large lasagna dish, greased and lined with baking paper,
place 12 scrolls evenly spaced and cover with cling wrap.

Allow to rise in a warm place ( a top of the stove)
for about 1 hour or until doubled.


Place in a preheated oven ( 190 degrees C)
for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.

Frosting:
1 1/2 cups of icing sugar ( confectioners)
90 gms cream cheese( softened)
3 teaspoons of butter.
1 tsp of Vanilla essence.
2 tablespoons of milk.
Add sugar and then all other ingredients
combine with a fork to resemble thick icing.
Spread over warm Cinnamon scrolls.

Then make yourself a nice cup of tea or coffee a
and enjoy a scroll.
I always enjoy one with a coffee on my favorite plate.


Yummy yummy.
Enjoy.
Happy Cooking
Sweet Cinnamon-y Hugs
Dawn x x x x
Ps. Be back tomorrow with a picture of my new quilt
hanging at the Craft Fair with Khris


14 comments:

Laura said...

Please can I have some!!!!!

Anonymous said...

sounds so yummy Dawn, will try some soon.luv.. Heather

Terry said...

I can almost smell those baking now! :0)

angelasweby said...

Gosh these look delicious. The recipe sounds really easy too. I daren't try making them till after our holiday as I can feel the pounds piling on just by looking at them...haha! I have no will power and would never be able to eat just one :>)
Don't worry though, I've written the recipe out and will try it out on my sister while we are away :>)
Angela xx

Anne D said...

My daughter was telling me how much she misses cinnamon scrolls so your timing is perfect. Thanks

Vicki said...

OOhhhh.....yummmmo! They look so yummy Dawn and I have copied the recipe to my recipe file. Thanks for putting it up for us :)

Sharon (Stitches on Mars) said...

Hi Dawn...they do look yummy, positively dangerous in fact.
Hugs, Sahron

Sue fro Cyprus said...

Hi Dawn, just made the rolls.... question.... when do you add the water? I combined the milk with the water (coz I thought you forgot to put that down in your method) and found I needed alot more flour that what the recipe asks for.... where did I go wrong?
Sue from Cyprus

Miss Nancy said...

These look so good! I can smell them baking as we speak. Enjoy!

Have a great day.

Dawn said...

I have ammended the recipe....you may need to use more flour... I usually add as much as needed to make it workable....

Chris H said...

OMG! STOP it right now.. I am drooling at the sight of them!
Gawd they look delicious!

Stephanie said...

YUM!!! I can smell them here in the US.

Sarah said...

This looks wonderful! I actually just made some cinnamon rolls yesterday! I am planning to bake them tonight! I hope they come out as nice as yours!!

Sharrieboberry said...

If quilting and sewing burned more calories then I could eat more of these. Yum!

I'm visiting from the In Stitches blog. I'm having a very nice "visit".