Pages

July 07, 2010

Excited plus babies.

Now to find time to sit and play... I have never been into computer games and sitting on the computer for hours on end seemed useless unless I was reading blogs to inspire my sewing adventures..Lol..
I receievd in the mail last week a software program for my computer that I was excited about. My friend Vicki had told me about the one she received so I asked my DH for a early birthday present and he agreed.... yippee
EQ7 for me to play with.
Excited am I,now I just need to find some spare time to play....
and I will.... soon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
But first I need to prepare some quilts that are going to be auctioned
tonight for Birthing Better Babies.
A charity that helps the women of Baseco.
I heart this great idea started by Cathy and her passion for mums that
have no means of support to give birth.
They give birth in the slums of Baseco.
No running water, not sanitation, no clean place to lay.
Through Cathy proceeds help support a mother through her preganancey to birth with
immunisation, health care, ultrasounds and birth packs.
And I have donated two of my quilts for silent auction at the venue.
The patterns are available for purchase ( see below)

'Blushed' single quilt PDF Pattern
Size: 50" x 66"
$2.50 USD








and 'Peep Po' baby quilt PDF Pattern
Size: 41" x 41"
$2.00USD






For 1 week only the patterns are half price
with all proceeds going to Birthing Better Babies.

If you are going tonight, I look forward to meeting up.
Have a great day.
Happy stitching
Sweet Cinnamon-y Hugs Dawn x x x


5 comments:

Deb said...

EQ7, how exciting Dawn.
I hope the auction goes really well for you tonight, such a good cause.
hugs deb

Vicki said...

You will love it Dawn and your quilts are gorgeous :) Hugs Vicki xoxoxox

Allie said...

Good for you - EQ7 is on my wish list! Love your quilts for auction, Dawn, what a worthy cause. You are a sweet soul!

Cathy Troup said...

To my dear friend Dawn

What a success last night was, the quilts are going to be well loved by Kim I know....

You are such a blessing to me, and the Baseco community...there are babies that will be born in safety and peace because of your efforts

You are really a mother to all...........I just love ya up to the moon and back!!!

Love Cathy

Joy said...

How exciting that you have your EQ7 ... you're gonna have such fun with that he he.
What a darling you are to donate your quilts to such a worthy cause. Sweet Dawn you've got a heart of gold!!
Love n hugs,
Joy :o)