Pages

August 22, 2010

Little Squares and Owls!

Last weekend I cut all these little squares ready to 
sew together and add to my Frosy Flakes BOM 
or should I say BOW (Block - Of - the - Week). 


I have so enjoyed making all of the little snowflakes
and assembling the quilt. Now to quilt it and
reveal the finished Frosty Flakes mini quilt.
I will do this on Wednesday with Block four. 
Have you finished any of the blocks.
Well I have added a flicker group Here 
and onto the sidebar for you to upload your 
snowflakes pictures if you want to. 
I'd love to see them and I am sure many others would too.

Do you love Owls? Funky ones at that,
as well as little birds, how cute are they?
My friend loves owls..Lol... Don't you Khris?
I have started to really like our feathered friends too
and have a few projects to make from this gorgeous fabric
that Khris gave me for my birthday,
I am so blessed with lovely friends. Thanks Khris!

This is the Hexagon I made for the swap I am in 
and Judy was the recipient this month so I passed
it to her while we were sewing at Khris's house this week.
 We had such a ball, laughing, chatting and eating
 and some sewing was done... he he

 Hope your having a wonderful weekend.
  Hugs Dawn x x x x



8 comments:

Penny said...

Gorgeous fabric. Can't wait for the next BOW !

Jovita said...

I am so glad you started a Flickr group ... (reminder to self to photograph block 3) ... and my newest greatest love is owls. A quilt is already brainstormed but the time to draw the design and get it done ... there should be more days in the week!

Allie said...

Such pretty fabric, Dawn. I love your BOW! That owl fabric is darling. What a sweet friend! Your little flower is precious, so dainty. I'm glad you had a great time sewing with your friends!

KaHolly said...

Hi Dawn, I am working my first snowflake now. It's the smallest hexie I've attempted to work with and is taking a little getting used to. Known among my friends as one who likes to work small, I'm amazed at how I have fumble-fingers with these little guys! ~karen

Vicki said...

YOur hexie you made for Jude is gorgeous Dawn and the fabric is fabulous :) Glad you had a great day sewing at Khris' house. hugs Vicki xoxoxo

angelasweby said...

Wow Dawn,
I love the pale blue fabric you used for Judy's hexagon. it's so delicate and those little birdy fabrics are gorgeous. The BOW is taking you over and i can see why.
Can't wait to see the mini quilt ">)
TTFN A xx

Suzanne said...

Just amazing I love the fabric also.

manos de chicureo said...

So pretty the fabrics. I grabed the button in my blog. Thank you for sharing with us your beautiful Frosty Flakes.
A hug,
Yasmin
www.patchworkmipasion.blogspot.com
www.manosdechicureo@gmail.com