Pages

September 27, 2010

Birdcage - Completed

Had you heard of the Birdcage Sew In 
here and here????
 Well I signed up and I am so gald I did.
 I had already made the birdcage out of wire...
 or should I say hubby had.....a couple of weeks back.
 Then I cut out the birds this weekend.... 
deciding on which ones to make was hard
but I eventually made them from the Spool pattern
 I added some wings though... 
to make them a bit more flying bird looking...
 Once cut and sewn together they were looking good....
 Now they looked like little birds with stuffing
 eyes and wings attached... 
some little wooden buttons for decoration
 Then it was time to put them in the cage once
 I had added the strips to the wiring...

 I also added some bows to the sides..
and the top of the cage....
 I was so pleased with the result...
My first thing for my new sewing room..
 I will show it ahnging in there in a couple of weeks..
 I need to paint the room and decorate it.
 Thank you Jenny and Wendy for hosting the sew in.
It made me finish it even if it is a day late...
 Sweet Cinnamony Hugs 
Dawn x x x

26 comments:

AnitaS said...

It lookes very lovely. Good that H helped you with the cage.

Penny said...

Love your birdies! Waiting to see the cage in your new sewing room!

Scattered Threads said...

That is really cute.

Graciela said...

Hi Alba!!!! lovely this birds i like so much kisses for you

KaHolly said...

How sweet it that?!? I'm loving it! ~karen

karenfae said...

I love it!!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Sharon said...

It looks great! Can't wait to see it in your new sewing room!

Carmen said...

Hola amiga:
Me pregunto si me la puedo llevar a casa? Se que la respuesta es no, pero tenía que intentarlo.
Me gusta muchísimo!!!

Besillos

Little Green Doll said...

Oohh! it's very beautiful!!!

belinda said...

Now how CUTE is this!!...(clapping)

Jo in TAS said...

The cage is perfect and love the birdies!

Fiona said...

That is just gorgeous Dawn - I adore it !! You clever girl.

Sew Useful Designs said...

Wow - your birdcage looks FANTASTIC Dawn!!!! Very bootifuls!
Love it!!!

Hugs sweetie!! Vikki xoxo

Dot said...

Ooh! Love, love, love your birdcage and birds. I couldn't join this sew-in but seeing all the beautiful work that you've all done makes me think I need to make one very soon.

Yours is SO inspiring. Beautiful job Dawn. :o)

Allie said...

Magnificent!!! I love it Dawn, you did a fabulous job on this - your little birdies are so, so pretty! I can't wait to see it hanging!~

mandapanda said...

Oh wow Dawn!!! Gorgeous!! You did a great job on the birds (love the added wings) and hubby did a wonderful job on the cage! A lot harder than it looks huh? To make a birdcage from wire, I mean. I really enjoyed myself too, although I didn't sew my birdies.
Hugs!
Amanda. xx

Robyn said...

Hey girl, looks fantastic!!
I bet you are pleased :-)

Vicki ♥ said...

I love your birds and thier cage Dawn.....It will look ab fab hanging up in your new sewing room :) hugsss Vicki xoxox

Judith Tetley said...

Oh My....fabulous birdcage and birdies Dawn! Can just see those gorgeous colours in your new sewing room. Well done Sweetheart!
Hugs..Judith
http://creativestudio10.blogspot.com

Sue said...

Your birds and cage are terrific. I did the "spool" birdies too but I have enough cages already.

Natitxu said...

This is really lovely. Wanderful.

Jude said...

I must say of all the ones I visited I like yours the best and thanks for frosty flakes

Kay said...

Awww ... I love the cage! Aren't the birdies fun to make.

Wendy B said...

Don't feel so bad lovely,
I only finished mine tonight!!!! (one week after the finish date!!!) LOL
Love yours.....tres chic and magnifique!!!! Glad you enjoyed it too, it was lots of fun!
XXX sugary hugs
Wendy :O)

Di said...

WOW really nice. The birds are too cute.
Diane

Olde Corps Primitives said...

Oh I just love it! Very pretty!