Pages

September 10, 2010

Dear Sweet Friends..

This last week I have received some beautiful thoughtful gifts from some Dear Friends....
 My Dear Faraway friend Angela sent me this gorgeous parcel
 The girls and have have loved remembering Angela when we play or sew or even sniff this present.
 It arrived a little later than expected and Angela had a very anxious wait for me to say it had arrived...a month later than expected. A game of extra large snakes and ladders.. Some yummy Tilda fabrics.
A sewing set for each of the girls ... how cute!
You see the little monogrammed hanger had some lavender
from Angela's garden and Customs here decided it was not on.
 I received all but the Monogrammed lavender sachet 
from Customs with a great big sticker on it saying....
'Opened by Australian Customs'.. oh No... 
I rang and asked why?? 
and the kindest man said it is a lavender sachet 
and needs to be emptied...
I did not know what it looked like and said
'oh well I wished to have it because its 
from my Friend but if you need to get rid of it do so'...
sniff sniff....
anyway the kind man told me its so
beautiful that he would empty it 
and send it on for me to stitch back up 
(he did ask if I could sew... lol)
the kind man must have eradicated it 
cos he sent the lavender too....
yeah for me.... or he refilled it???...
so sweet and smells gorgeous..
 Thank you  so much Angela...
It is such a blessing 
You are our very special faraway friend..
Forever in our hearts
 PS... I will try calling you again soon, maybe tonight...

 Also I received my belated Birthday present from
Fiona of Mothers Cupboard...
( you see Fiona had a hand operation and
is know just getting back to normal)
So Lovely and kind.... sweet THANKS Fee...
The beautiful shabby fabrics and a gorgeous 
variegated thread with an Owl scissor fob...
 I love the lavender sachet too...smells yummy..
can you tell I love Lavender so much....
also some yummy little hangers ( oops sorry not shown)
 Have a great day and know that your kindness's always blesses
 someone else with a little bit of your Love!
 Be Blessed today!
 Sweet Cinnamon-y Hugs 
 Dawn x x x

9 comments:

Vicki ♥ said...

You were spoilt Dawn :) Lovely pressies and so special. How lovely was the man at customs too :) hugs Vicki xoxox

Debbie said...

That's nice that he sent it to you anyway. I guess they are only doing their job.

LissyLou said...

lovely gifts!

your header picture has given me my first big smile of the day...it is gorgoeus..thank you x

Marcha said...

Hi Dawn, some present this morning when I saw you as a new follower! But more of a present when I viewed your blog. Gorgeous thing you made, really everything I love!
I'll come and visit you again!

Love,
Marcha

Sew Useful Designs said...

What a lovely man that customs officer was! Bless his cottons! What lovely goodies Dawn!! :-)

Hugs!!! VIkki xxox

angelasweby said...

Dawn, hi,
I can't tell you how thrilled I was to hear that the lovely lovely man at Customs "decontaminated" :>) the lavender sachet and sent it safely on it's way. I had begun to fear the worst. That must be one of the nicest stories about officials doing their job that I've ever heard.
I love that my little girls enjoyed their presents. Hope your knees didnt ache too much playing the giant game of snakes and ladders on the floor...haha! Thought you would find a good use for the Tilda fabrics and the ones you received from Fiona are absolutely gorgeous too.
Warm hugs your faraway friend :>)

Allie said...

Such lovely gifts Dawn! So glad the nice man from customs let your lavender through, maybe they have those sniffer machines and the lavender set them off? Who knows the mysterious ways of customs agents, lol.

Kris said...

I love lavender too!

Robyn said...

What a nice customs man :)! Lol, I wonder if he sews or if he had a lady friend sew it back together after decontamination?? Some lovely gifts there.