Pages

October 11, 2010

Mummy's new room!

My room is ready to be played in.
 Just the last little things to find a home for.
 My girls had to let Daddy help paint,
so each had a turn to paint
 
and then they were happy.
 Daddy was too... they then went outside to play.
 Then once the paint had dried, I could move in.

It was time to reassemble  my quilting frame .
 I had lots of fun rearranging and rearranging again.
 Funny how the plan in my head didn't seem to
 look right once it was all in there.
I had lots of fun unpacking all my fabrics
 that have been stored all over
 the house, in the cupboards and linen press.
 My bedroom was the big culprit for stored stashes.

I had an idea for my mini design wall, above me sewing machine.
To use an old frame, quite ornate and paint it Dark Salmon Pink,
it matches my 'Rounnerries' and 'Rural Jardin' quite nicely.
And I have a few little things made from that range, mainly mini quilts
yet to be quilted and hung, as well as my Birdie cage...

 Now I can have some play time.
 Looking at magazines I haven't read for a while
 and playing with my fabrics.
 But first to sew in there and catch up on
 some serious sewing for swaps.

 Happy Sewing Time
 Sweet Cinnamony Hugs
Dawn x x x

19 comments:

wackywoman said...

Oh how lovely. All new and fresh and ready to go! Happy quilting.

Marilyn

Jessica said...

Love it, especially the framed design wall!

Penny said...

How bright and fresh! I can see you spending lots of time in your sewing room!
Hugs

Chris H said...

Oh wow... you are going to love sewing in your new room! It's so light and airy... very welcoming.

Melody said...

Your kids are so sweet. I love a freshly painted room. Have fun.

AnitaS said...

Your room looks lovely. I hope you have a nice and insiring time in it.

Maria said...

I bet Dad was pleased when the girls had had their turn at painting anf then went outside.
Have fun in your lovely new sewing room. Looks great.

Sue SA said...

Wow you have been busy! It looks lovely and I am sure once you get those finishing touches done the you will be continuously inspired! How nice to have your own special space...bliss! Happy quilting Sue.

Terry said...

Your new room looks great Dawn! And your girls are so cute helping out! :0)

karenfae said...

so nice to have your own quilting room - you will be organized in no time flat.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Kris said...

Yay! Looks wonderful!

Leeanne said...

How exciting for you, I bet you can't wait to go play!
Thankyou for the Frosty Flakes, mine are all finsihed.Yes, I did stay with Red! :-)

Sheila said...

It looks beautiful, now all we need is an picture of you sitting at your machine. Have a great day and enjoy your room.

Allie said...

The girls look so cute painting! I have some pics from my boys at that age, painting a door red. What fun that was! Your room looks SO lovely Dawn, I really love your design board, what a fabulous idea - and your bird cage looks amazing there as well. Excellent job!!!!!

My room never works out like it does in my head - I move things around on a weekly basis. It's so small that I'm constantly tripping over things, so each week I pick something new to trip over, lol!

Jenny of Elefantz said...

It's gawjus, Dawn!!! What fun you're going to have in your pretty room!!
Hugs
Jen
xxx

Miss Nancy said...

Looks so fresh and new. Just right for inspiring and creating.
Enjoy and have a super great day with lots of sewing.

Joy said...

Woohoo .... it's done!!!! Yay for you dear one, so glad you've got your very own space to play now :o). It looks absolutely gawjus!!!
Love n hugs,
Ethel xxxxxxxxxxxa

Sew Useful Designs said...

Oh WOW!!! What an awesome room, Dawnie!!! Love the painted frame with those gorgeous blocks! So much fun to be had - you won't know yourself!!!

Enjoy!!!
Hugs! Vikki xoxo :-)

Narelle said...

Awwwww...delightful!!