Pages

October 13, 2010

My baby leaves home...

to go to Kindergarten.
 She was up really early, ate her breakfast record speed.
Got dressed 'by myself' she says
and couldn't wait to go with her big sister to Kinder.


 I have often wondered how come they are so so close in age.
 One of those questions to ask God when I see Him
 But this week I thanked Him that they are so close.
 Miss K is 3.8 yo and is definitely my baby.
 I do love it that one wants to be the baby and she is that one.
 Always loves to be close by and lots of 
cuddly reassurance, and having her big sister 
Miss J (4.10yo) by her side to transition into Kinder,
 is the best thing for Miss K's confidence.
 And Miss J was so proud to show her sister the ropes,
and how to play at big girl Kinder
 Now my two little (BIG) girls are at Kinder
two mornings a week together.
 I still have them with me a little longer 
before Big girl school.
 What did I do on my first morning off.
 I came home, sat and read emails,
 ate my breakfast without it going cold.
 Then finished stitching the hem 
on a smocked top I started a year ago.
 There were a few tears though as I walked
inside our very quiet house.
 But the noise came home 2 1/2 hours later and 
I was Happy.
You see I love the sound of little girls 
squeals and laughter. 
The busy-ness of girls.
Pure Joy!
 Sweet Cinnamon-y Hugs
Dawn x x  x

16 comments:

Melody said...

Ah, Dawn what a sweet post. Your girls are lovely.

Penny said...

Aww...so sweet :) Imagine what it would be like if you had two boys at the same age!

Laura said...

I have 3.5 year-old twins and a 19 month-old - all boys - and I get what you mean completely. The house is way too quiet after they're all in bed. Just a little down time is enough for me to want them back, filling the house with their noise and activity!

Terry said...

Awe...they look so cute there together! Even now when mine are 12and 14, I love the quiet when they're at school, but I also look forward to them getting back home in the afternoon.

Maria said...

The girls do look all grown up for there Kinda photo.
The years go so fast.

Chambray Blue said...

Aww so sweet. Google 'Wet Oatmeal Kisses' by Erma Bombeck. I cry each time I read this... blessings your way, bobbi

Quiltin' Sandy said...

What a lovely picture, Dawn. Your sweet little girls look so happy. I guess the silence was deafening while you were home on your own, and I can imagine just how happy you were when your little one came back home, with plenty of news to tell you, I'm sure. Hugs, Sandy.

Scottish Nanna said...

Dawn your girls are so sweet Two little angels.
Hugs Mary.

Allie said...

Awww don't they look adorable and so grown-up....they do that way too fast, don't they? You'll learn to love that quiet time of day, although the noise of homecoming will never lose its joy!

Robyn G. said...

Oh dear girl!!
You're all so lovely!!
Quiet houses become a treasured blessing and so is the time we spend with our kids.
Enjoy all these moments with your girls.. I know you do!!

Such a lovely post Dawn!!
Thanks for sharing with us xx

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Oh darlin', you are THE most precious mumma! Your girls are so blessed. :-)
Hugs
Jen
xxx

Robyn said...

They're so adorable! I hope you survive the transition when both of them are at school from 9 till 3! I coped by volunteering for canteen and for reading on different mornings of the week as I couldn't survive 5 days of uninterrupted quiet! My 2 eldest are 19 months apart.

Jude said...

they do look so cute dawn and this is just the start.

Lois said...

How sweet your girls are. I had 5 children and it was a very long time ago that I sent them off to school but I still remember it and summer was my favorite time as I had all the kids home and I loved it. Lois

Clara said...

Very sweet post and definitely adorable babies: you must be proud. I know what you mean about the silence. My 2 children, Silvia 16 and Andrea 13 are out with my husband at the moment. There is a wonderful quiet at home, but waiting for the moment they all 3 are back at home again!!! I like your blog very much, Clara.

Sue SA said...

What a great time it is now while they are still happy to have hugs with Mummy and hopefully share some craft time, happy quilting Sue SA.