Pages

November 13, 2010

Cross Stitch Loves.

  Chookyblue put out the challenge of having a
Cross Stitch Display and here is mine to show you.
  
 I made this myself many many years ago. 
It is a favorite of mine.
A mother chook with her chick and basket of eggs.
 I had it framed professionally and glad I did.
 It sits on my dresser now, but used to be on my kitchen wall.
I have done a few cross stitches over the years
 and given most of them away as gifts.
It's very therapeutic sitting cross stitching,
very much like quilting. 
I just seem to have more time for quilting lately.

Want to see more ladies
displaying there Cross Stitches. 
Chookyblue has a list on her blog.

  Have a wonderful weekend.
 I am off to a wedding in a few hours.
 My no 2 Son's getting married today.

 Sweet Cinnamon-y Hugs 
Dawn x x x

21 comments:

Patty C. said...

Lovely work ;)

Maria said...

Love your cross stitch. Like you hI love to stitch and stitch but now seem to quilt more too.
Have a wonderful time at your Son's wedding.

Congratulations to the young couple.

Graciela said...

Hi!!! beatiful work!!!
i love the cross stich
kisses for you

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely Dawn..........as you would guess I especially like the chook one.......thanks for joining in......

Cardygirl said...

Lovely work...have a happy day today!

Farmyard Crafts said...

Beautiful!! Hope today goes really well for you all! :)

Sew Useful Designs said...

Hey Dawn sweetie!!!

A few hours until the wedding? Wow - excitement central!!! I look forward to seeing the photos!

Have a great day sweetie!
Hugs in abundance!!
Vikki xxx
ps. X-stitches are beautiful xxx

BubzRugz said...

I don't know what it is - but mother chooks are always so comforting.....
Have a wonderful wedding day .... very special...
Hugz

broderie said...

enjoy the wedding, special day in your life! love mother hen and her chicks!

Julia said...

Beautiful work Dawn...enjoy the wedding,

Pip at Rest is not idleness said...

Lovely stitching, I hope the rain eases off for the wedding.

Allie said...

Oh Dawn those are just darling - I've never done cross-stitch, I have a hard enough time seeing my quilting stitches, lol! Congrats to your son and his wife, I hope you had a lovely day for it!

Natitxu said...

Lovely work.

suzitee said...

Thank you for sharing Dawn...these are beautiful. Congrats to your son and his new wife...hope the day was wonderful!

simplestitches said...

that's so cute!
congrats to your son and his new wife. Have a wonderful day!
cheers Julz

elliesue said...

Congratulations Mother of the Groom, which I just found out is today. You won't to read this until you get a chance, but have a lovely time, and thank you for all your Cross-Stitch displays.

Lynda said...

The cross-stitches are beautiful. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Chris H said...

Very pretty little cross stitch.
Oh I do hope you have had a wonderful day and the wedding has gone well.

gracie said...

very nice stitching...the mom and baby are so nice

Rose Marie said...

Lovely pieces ... I need to put my pieces under glass too.

Liz said...

A lovely piece. A sweet design.