Pages

November 08, 2010

Wedding Bits and a Swirly Skirt.

 All busy busy round my house this week. 
My No2 son is getting married and I am
so excited for him and his Fiance.
They are a great couple and it's so nice 
to see the excitement as they make plans for their life together. 
Lots to be done for the parents though. 
Me, I had the small job of making the Bombeniere
and I enjoyed it heaps. The brides parents have heaps to do, 
as the wedding is in a very pretty park with the 
small reception at the brides house afterwoods.


I thought I would show you these cute little skirts
I made them a little while back for my two precious daughters...
 I made 3 of them, all in a weekend.
One as a birthday present for a little girlfriend in blues..
Using the Moda Bakeshop pattern Here.. 
and made using Jelly roll strips...
 So easy to make and they look fabulous. 
Can you tell the colors they love.
One purple and one pink.
 Might have to make a few more for next year.
 Happy stitching
 Hugs Dawn x x x

14 comments:

Penny said...

Ooooh those skirts are so cute! Are you making an applique top (saw it on Moda Bakeshop) too?!

Melody said...

Very cute little skirts. Hope everything goes well with the wedding, the bombeniere look sweet too.

Cyndi said...

Many congratulations to your son and his fiance! I'm sure the wedding is going to be beautiful...it sounds lovely!

And those skirts are just too cute. I'm sure the girls are just thrilled with their new oufits!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Maria said...

Wishing the young couple a very happy day and a long life together.

What pretty little skirts.

Laura said...

Best wishes to the happy couple, i am sure you are going to have a fabulous time.
The skirts are soooo nice,just like every thing that you make.
hugs

Wickedly Divine Creations said...

I've been making some dresses for my little one and I searched through the Bakeshop for some patterns the other day and I'm going to make her one of those skirts too :)
Yours look so sweet. My favourite colour is purple too like one of your little dears :)

Joy said...

Oooooh those little skirts are just darling .... I bet your little princesses look super cute in them!!! Your Bombenieres look good enough to eat ;o) ... so pretty!!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Allie said...

Hoping not to look stupid, what is bombeniere? The skirts are absolutely adorable, I can just imagine how sweet the girls look in them! A wedding in a park - that sounds just beautiful!

angelasweby said...

Dawn what a lovely photo of the wedding bits. I love the white and silver together and those tiny daisy cut outs are beautiful. No wonder you are all excited if this is what you are surrounded by.

The tiny hula skirts are gorgeous :>) I can imagine two young glam girls parading about in them :>) I definitely think they will be trend setters.
Can't wait to hear more about the wedding.
Thinking of you.
Angela xx

Vicki ♥ said...

The skirts are so cute Dawn :) No wonder your girls loved them. The Bombenieres are lovely :) Not long now until the big day for your son :) Hugs Vicki xxx

Chartreuse Moose said...

What a lovely post, thank you! Ah, wedding moments...frantic...but wonderful times! Those skirts are so, so cute...any little girl would love those!

Sew Useful Designs said...

Gorgeous bonbonieres Dawn! I love the wedding rings decorating them!

The girls' skirts are absolutely adorable! Thank you for the link to the pattern. Too cute! I have a pretty full to-do list for Xmas (don't we all?!!!!) but would love to make Rose a Tinkerbell costume... we'll see how we go!

Have a wonderful day - thinking of you!

Love and hugs! Vikki xoxo

Jilly said...

Wow! They are so pretty!!! Well Done!
oxoxo

Ivory Spring said...

Cute skirts!!! I love them.