Pages

December 12, 2010

More goodies in the mail!

Like I said yesterday lots
came in the mail this last few weeks.
 Firstly was a gorgoeous Little Encouragment Gift
( an embroidered door hanger/book mark)
with a card from my dear friend Jenny
then came a Layer Cake of PURE
 Just gorgeous for making a belated Wedding Quilt
 It is for my Son who recently got married.
 I was so unsure of what fabric to use until I saw this... just perfect
 And what design?????
 I think I will do another Schnibbles quilt..
they come together so quickly.
 And the fabric colors are perfect for a couple
 who wanted browns, beige and blues...
In their new home.

I then received this box of threads....
 Have you heard of Wonderfil????
 I discovered them at the Machine Quilters extravaganza...
 Barrie ( NZ distributer)was there with these amazing threads.
 They are called 'Fruiti' and are a 12ply variegated thread.
 just prefect for machine blanket stitch
 and other decorative stitches.
 I can't wait to start using them...
I have the perfect quilt to use them on
 But first I must quilt a friends quilt for her today!..LOL
 Happy Stitching
 Sweet Cinnamon-y Hugs
Dawn x x x

8 comments:

Farmyard Crafts said...

That'll look beautiful all together as a quilt! How special that you're able to make something that will last a lifetime!

Sharon said...

Very nice! The threads look wonderful!!! You'll have a great time using them.

Allie said...

Love your door hanger from Jenny - and the fabric and thread, oh my, that thread looks so gorgeous - I love quilting with variegated! You're going to be so busy, dear Dawn!

wackywoman said...

Oh, lovely haul there Dawn. Nice!
Marilyn

Michelle said...

More gorgeous goodies - the threads are very eye catching and isn't your little hanger sweet :0)

kerrykatiecakeskeb43 said...

What a great mail day! Good luck playing the bingo - I am visiting all the blogs on the blog roll and am happy to have been led here.

Miss Nancy said...

More lovely things. Love the thread, so bright and cheery.

Have a Merry Christmas and have a super great day.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn!
I was strolling through The Blog Roll from Holly Jolly Blog Bingo and found you. One of my dearest cyber friends lives in Artarmon! I am in Midwest USA. Cold here!
Love those threads!!!
I will check back again.
Happy Holidays.
grami
gramisews@gmail.com