Pages

January 05, 2011

'Out of the Box'....block 1!

Here is my 'Out of the Box'-  Block One.
 Vicki and I are having so much fun stitching this
I am sure you will too.
Do you have your Bits and Bobs ready!
Then lets start to have fun!
Get them out of your sewing box and set them about!
Sew the blocks together and then we can play!

Vicki and I want you to enjoy making this BOM
 and the idea is for you to choose, where you wish to sew
each little stitchery within your centre squares
and also the choice to stitch whichever ones you wish.
You can stitch my bird and Vicki's apple, designs you choose.
 You may not like birds or butterflies etc, so don't stitch
that part of the design and place something else in it's spot.
 A button or Suffolk puff etc will look just as nice.
The idea is to have some fun and design how
you want the BOM to look at the end.

 You can download my requirements and block 1 - HERE
Then pop over to Vicki's blog and
download Vicki's requirements and block 1 as well.

 Don't forget to join our Flckr group!
 There will be prizes and some exciting stuff
to enjoy for those who do.
So join us as we would love to see your finished blocks.

 Don't forget Block 2 will be out on February 1st.

Happy Stitching.
 Sweet Cinnamon-y Hugs

Dawn x x x

27 comments:

Lucky-1 said...

OMG I'm first ...yay....can't wait to start.....just waiting on Vicki to load her's up.

KaHolly said...

Dawn, I am so excited! Thanks for this. I knkow you two have worked very hard on this project to share with everyone. I can't wait to get started on it. ~karen

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I have downloaded bother blocks....gorgeous, like I said to Vic this is going to be so much fun...thanks heaps...

My 1st Bambina! said...

Thanks so much!!! It is beautiful... love birdies!!!
I think I may have to stitch both versions!!!

Hillbilly Handiworks said...

I LOVE it!!

Lyn said...

Thank you Dawn- I'm supposed to be finishing my UFO's but the temptation is there now to treat myself to start on this too-perhaps a bit of work on this , a bit of work on the others!! It looks great.

Thais Wever said...

This new BOM I love, and it's one of my first projects for the coming year.

Happy New Year and blessings

John'aLee said...

That is so sweet. Love that fabric line too!

Phyllis said...

OMG! How the heck am I supposed to stay on track with my project lists when you've given us this precious piece to make??? And it's only the first block. This is so my style and I just love it. Thanks so much!!!

Melody said...

I just love this Dawn. Thank you so much. This is going to be lots of fun.

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [05 Jan 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Penny said...

Oh goody! It's gorgeous!!! Thanks Dawn :)

Allie said...

Oh DAWN - this is SO PRECIOUS! I love it, thank you thank you - I think I'll do it just as you did, I think it's perfect!

Gudi said...

Thank you so much for this BOM and your Design. I'll make both designs.

teresa said...

Oh Dawn... this is just lovely. This is going to be so much fun to make. Thank you xx

Wendy said...

how beautiful! I love your design, thanks so much for sharing! One problem though - I can't figure out how to retrieve it! I clicked the link and it took me to Picassa where I clicked download but it wouldn't let me click anything else...

Stephanie said...

Perhaps I should have made a new year's goal to learn to do stitchery again. I did it once upon a many years ago! :o) Darling block.

quilter74 said...

Hi,
I'm from Italy!!
I like this BOM,this is my first one!!
Thank you so much.
Claudia.

Pam said...

It's lovely, thank you

Jytte R said...

Thank you so much for this BOM.
I have finally today solved my problem with downloading 4shared files. Now I can come through again.

Ivory Spring said...

This tooooo darling!

Wendy B said...

you naughty naughty girl....you know I'm supposed to be finishing oldies not starting newbies!!! hehehe It's ok.....it's already on my list!!!!
love n hugs sweety
XX Wendy :O)

Marieta said...

OHHH¡¡ i love it
thank you so much
maria

Sharon said...

I have lots of little charms and buttons to embellish these blocks with--sounds like fun.

Lenora Jenkins said...

Hi Dawn, I'm popping in to wish you a happy new year. Looks like you are in for a fun year. Enjoy!

fialka012 said...

Krásné...

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Oh Dawn - your block is SO pretty! I can't wait to see this quilt - going to be A-DOR-ABLE!!