Pages

March 10, 2011

Brisbane Airport...

 I must tell you a story about the beginning of our QLD trip....
 I laugh silly when I think about it...
Please meet Jenny.....
 But Jenny, who Khris and I met on the plane..
We chatted a lot, especially when we talked quilting...LOL
We quilters are everywhere...he he.
 We chatted the whole way from Adelaide to Brisbane
 When we arrived at Brisbane Airport, 
we emptied my bags of all the Huggles...except one!
Then Khris went off with her ride to visit her friends..
 and I met Ethel for the first time...Lots of HUGS
Jenny had a 3 hour wait to get a connecting flight.
 bet she wondered who these mad women quilters were...LOL
 So coffee it was, and lots of chatting 
with Ethel, Jenny and I. About an hour later it was Vicki'
turn for her flight to arrive. So all 3 of us went to go upstairs to 
be there for Vicki when she arrived, except the Airport security
would let me take my large suitcase upstairs..
So Jenny (I had only known her 3 hours remember) offered to mind my bags...
 So I left all my bags with this complete stranger.
 I proceeded to go upstairs after being drug tested again...LOL
 I had lots of funny looks..Why???.. I was wearing a princess crown..
I promised Vicki I would meet her as a princess.. he he.. and I did
 When she arrived, Ethel and I hugged her lots
and laughed at my silly crown...
 Off we went to go get Vicki's bags and pick mine up...
 Vicki was horrified I had left them with a stranger to mind them...
 If she wants to wear my big girl panties I said...
good luck, they won't fit I am 3 times her size...LOL
 Jenny was waiting patiently with all my bags...
and all my knickers were accounted for...he he
 Ethel and Vicki took all our bags to the car...they were heavy
 full of lots of goodies to share.
 We had another lot of coffee's with Jenny and chatted some more
while we WAITED for Fee to arrive about 2 hours later.
 Jenny's plane left about half an hour before Fee's arrived.
 So being friendly Nutters that we are...
We went back upstairs, I was drug tested again..
and walked Jenny to her departure lounge and waited till she boarded.
You would have thought we were her family....
we hugged and said our goodbyes..
All three of us waving madly Nutter style... he he
(Hope to have a coffee again Jenny - if your game???)
Then we went to wait for the arrival of Princess Fee...
There we stood Vicki, Myself and Ethel....in that order.
We must have looked like the 3 Stooges...WAITING WAITING
 One with a princess crown on her head..he he
 Then Fee's plane arrived....
 we waited till we saw Fee and started waiving madly..
jumping up and down with excitement
 we kept waiving and Fee was waiving madly back....
you can just imagine it!!!
 Then Fee walked straight past us and greeted the woman behind us.....
 Oh No that's was not our Fee....LOL
we just lost the plot then, almost cackled ourselves silly, laughing so madly..
 tears running down our faces from laughing so much..
 I almost needed those extra knickers there and then...
 so funny....we got the wrong lady and 
almost mugged her with our hugs...he he
Fee did arrive to see these 3 cackling women... 
we waived crazily and and yes we did hug her madly...
 But oh so funny....
 Fee said maybe she'd send a decoy to see if we were sane..
 well we are sort of sane Fee
unless you call it insane that 3 cackling crazy women
can almost mug a complete stranger..LOL....
 Oh boy that was the start of a fabulous weekend...
 we laughed constantly... what a funny weekend..
 Happiness to you
 Hugs 
Dawn x x x

11 comments:

By Hoki Quilts said...

Oh Dawn, thank you for the laugh. If that's what the whole weekend went like no wonder you all enjoyed yourselves so much - I'm still giggling at the thought of who you thought was Fee walking past you - gosh I wish there was a photo taken of your faces.
hugs
Miche'le

Quilt Kitty said...

I never knew hanging out at the airport could be so much fun Dawn. Maybe next time I will wear a crown & see if that brightens things up. Sounds like great fun. Tracee xx

Pip at Rest is not idleness said...

Sounds like a fun time was had by all, I'm waiting for the picture of you wearing the crown.

Anita said...

Can you come meet me sometime at the airport?? LOL
And I promise I won't walk past you!!
What a laugh!!!

retdairyqueen said...

You all had so much fun and I bet it will be a weekend you will always remember

Maree: said...

It sounds even better being told for the second time...
wish I was a Fly on the Wall..lol

Marilyn said...

Hi Dawn, I was just thinking the same thing as Maree. My hubby thinks I am the mad one, sitting here cackling at my computer. If only he knew !!!!
Hugs.

Marls said...

I have laughed so much I have tears rolling down my face.
If that was the start of the weekend wow you must've had so much fun.

Anne Heidi said...

Oh my, that's a funny story- Airports can be so much fun when you are with the right people.....

Allie said...

HOW FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

angelasweby said...

What a great way to arrive Dawn :>) I bet they won't forget you girls in a hurry. I wish I could have seen you with the Princess crown. Jenny's got such a lovely smile, i would definitely leave her guarding my luggage too.
There's definitely an invisible thread linking people who stitch wherever they are from :>)
Can't wait to hear more about your trip.
Angela xx