Pages

March 07, 2011

A most fabulous girly weekend!

The best part of the weekend 
was the wonderful company... 
 Thanks Vicki, Fee and Joy...
I had the best time..
 We laughed till it hurt, ate lots of chockies
 and had the most fun girls who had
 never met in real life before could have.
 We hit it off as though we had known each other forever.
 Thanks Marilyn for the hugs and taking this picture
of us trying to have a pic with the oldest trees in QLD...LOL

  
Joy drove us around in the Joy Patchmobile
We went everywhere man, yep everywhere,
well at least all of the Brissy patchwork shops....LOL
 It might have been raining most of the 
time...LOL...but it was heaps of fun 
and lots of laughs were had along the way.

We ate some very yummy food....
the best was the BBQ that Joy's husband cooked for us
 but I didn't get any pic's...too busy enjoying it..
 Thanks Darryl and Bear!
 
 
The Patchwork shops were amazing....
this one is 'Thread and Ginger' and it was adorable.
 Caryn was so obliging to all our requests..
 I got to see 'Tis the Season' in the flesh..
It definitely has inspired me to get a moving on
some other projects I need to finish...
 
Saturday Morning you'd never have thought 
that 21 ladies + one cute owl had never 
met each other before...
Our Gumnut picnic happened... what a morning!
 And we all got along like we had seen each other befoe...
We got rained out of the Cleveland Park
 and ended up in the pub's rotunda...LOL
But we wouldn't have cared where we were
 it was the most fabulous time....
 Laughing and sharing, talking and laughing some more..
I would ask "oh what's your name" and then 
ask "Oh I mean your blog name or forum"...he he
 It was wonderful meeting each and everyone of you...
I laughed so much my side hurt and I am sure Marilyn
thought I was hug mad..I am.. he he
 It was a memorable time...visit Maree here to reminisce
 I have and I smiled away as I remembered all our fun...
 Back tomorrow with some more weekend pics...
 
 Happy Hugs
 
Dawn x x x
 

18 comments:

Ivory Spring said...

What fun, Dawn. Glad you had a grand time. :)

Sheila said...

Sounds like your weekend was awesome ,suer would have loved to been at the picnic , everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves ,lots of smiles in those pictures . hugs Sheila

Maria said...

What a wonderful fun filled weekend you all had.

Cyndi said...

How fun! I bet it really was great getting to meet all of your friends in "the flesh"! I'm glad that you all had such a great time. Perhaps you'll have to make this an annual event? :o)

XOXO,

Cyndi

Wendy said...

What an opportunity to meet all these people you share with in blogland. You gals obviously had a great time and it was fun to read about too!!

Scottish Nanna said...

I had A great Time it was lovely to meet you.
Hugs Mary.

Pip at Rest is not idleness said...

Sounds as if everyone had a great time, nice to meet like-minded people and share conversations.

retdairyqueen said...

Iam so envious Seems like everyone had the best time

Marilyn said...

Can never have too many hugs, Dawn. If the rest of your weekend was as much fun as Saturday (and sounds like it was) then it was super amazing.
Phew ! the tree pic turned out. I was so busy laughing and hugging that I didnt take one of those myself. And I was "worried" I may have moved the camera with all the giggles going on. Hmm. A copy? Please?
I am SURE we all have known each other for ever - it seems like it.
.

Joy said...

Oh I love that piccie under the tree ... thanks so much Marilyn!!! We really did have a fun weekend didn't we :o)!!!!!
Love ya hon!!!
Ethel xxx *mwah* xxxx

teresa said...

Great pic of you guys under that tree... we saw it after we left you and thought how lovely it was. What a super day... can't stop thinking about it. So glad you guys got together and included all of us to share in the laughs and the fun. Miss you already xx

Melody said...

I'm so glad you had such a good time, it certainly looks like great fun.

Fiona said...

It was such a wonderful memory making weekend and I never wanted it to end..... Can't wait until next march.

Love and Hugs - Fee XXXX MWAH !

Vicki ♥ said...

I loved every minute of the weekend and it was sooo good to be able to give you and Joy and Fee a real hug :) Love meeting up with everyone too and it was as if we all knew each other for ever. hugs Vicki xx

Chris H said...

You girls are so lucky ... meeting each other and having a wonderful time together.

Farmyard Crafts said...

Wow! What an awesome gathering of great ladies!! I bet it was the best time ever!!

maithechupatch said...

Un saludo a todas muy grande desde España para Australia y sus chicas del patchwork, espero que se lo pasaran muy bien. Me gusta mucho el patchwork que hacen alli y sus diseñadoras. Besos mathechu.

Shannon said...

Looks like you ladies had a great time. I love the trees in the first picture!