Pages

April 19, 2011

Recipes for Friendship...perfect fabric!

There are many recipes on the internet about
'Recipe for Friendship'
and I just love them.
Like this one below.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 A pinch of happiness
1 handful of kindness
2 spoonfuls of gentleness
1 litre of sharing
a teaspoonful of helpfulness
 3 heaped tablespoons of laughter
 50g of smiles
 a sprinkling of cheerfulness
100g of love
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You can find more recipes here, here and here...... 
Also recipes of the fabric kind here,
Recipes of the food kind here,
and the sweet yummy food kind here.
 Which brings me to why I love Recipes for Friendship.
 I have been collecting fabric by Mary Englebrit 
 and her range 'Recipe for Friendship' is a favorite.
 I received from the Lovely Khris
 a charm pack for Christmas and added 
with my other stash fabrics...they look good.
Look what I happened to pick up the other day
 when I was net shopping,
some gorgeous fabrics to match from 
 Vicki's new shop...... 'The Pickledish Patch'
They are so gorgeous and bright with 
lots of design ideas popping in my head for them.
 I can't wait to use them real soon...
 If your wanting some drop past HERE 
and be quick before I but it all...LOL
 So watch this space.... another project 
coming in my head for me to make!

Happy Stitching

 Friendship Hugs 
Dawn x x x

12 comments:

Melody said...

This is fabulous fabric. I've not seen the range before but I think I'll have to add some to my stash. Its so happy and cheerful.

Vicki ♥ said...

Your fabrics are starting to come together lovely Dawn and I too love that fabric. Think I might have to buy some from myself hehehe. Cant wait to see what you design :) hugs Vicki xxx

Jo in TAS said...

Oh those fabrics are so pretty, looking forward to seeing what you create from it!

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Dear Dawn, isn't there a song that goes-"In the end, only kindness matters' ?? how true!
Lovely fabric from Vicki- I HAD to have some of those Angel scissors!!! So pretty and what a great gift idea!!!
Hugs, Sandy.

Terry said...

What pretty fabric! It will make something lovely I'm sure! :0)

Julies Knit and Sew Corner said...

That's a happy verse for friendships.
I love these fabrics the colours are so cheerful, I will watch out to see what you make.
best wishes Julie.C

Maria said...

Wonderful recipe and the fabrics are just fabulous.

Emma said...

Hi!
I have just added the translator to my blog (in case you want to read an entry). The thing is that I read it in English but it's not quite what I wanted to say...there are some mistakes, but you may understand, at tleast, the main idea.
Kisses from Chile! and thanks for the great suggestion ;)

creativedawn said...

Dawn,
Those are some lovely fabrics. I really like Mary Engelbriet..

hugz
Pam

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cooking category today [20 Apr 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Allie said...

Oh how I love ME fabric. And this is one of her prettiest lines. I can't wait to see what you come up with girl! Love the recipe for friendship.

Joy said...

ME fabrics are just gawjus aren't they!!! Can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve for them ;o).
Have a fabulous Easter!!!
Love n hugs,
Joy :o) xxxx