Pages

May 21, 2011

Winter sewing and 'Sugar Blossom'

This week I decided to make some heat bags for winter, filled with Australian wheat. They can be used for cold bags too.DSC07551I made them for our Kindergarten fundraising ladies night we had. We had a ball and the ladies who won them were thrilled. They are so easy to make and I lined them and overstitched so they looked like they were quilted.  All it took was some leftover yummy fabrics and 500gm wheat.
Sugar Blossom collection for blog
Sugar Blossom
This is just gorgeous and so girly. I love the range and its the latest fabric line from..... Katicupcake...  and if you'd love to have a sample visit Kati's blog for a giveaway... HERE to enter. Please don't forget to mention I told you to visit. Melody told me! I just love the freshness of this range and I can imagine a few things made from it...a bag for me or some skirts for my girls and just maybe a quilt or three... he he.
No I am off to finish a quilt for a friend that I am meandering all over...LOL

Happy stitching

Sweet Cinnamon-y Hugs 

Dawn x x x

11 comments:

Chris said...

How sweet.....your friends will smile as you warm their feet.. :-)

Allie said...

I love those bags, Dawn - I make mine with rice. They're perfect for when my neck is aching, or I'm just chilled. That fabric IS yummy!

Val said...

Those wheat heat bags are great. My daughter bought one from a school stall more than 15 years ago for a Fathers' Day present and it is still going! I love the fabric. Such pretty prints.

Liz said...

Very pretty fabric. I love wheat bags. they are so useful.

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous wheat bags and so very useful and much prettier than the one I currently use.

darcey said...

Hi Dawn...
I used to make heat bags for my kids when they were little. I made them in teddy bear shapes, though, and even a dinosaur once. They loved them. What a nice memory. I hadn't thought about them for years now.
Hope all is well with you.
DArc
xxoo

Sew Useful Designs said...

Love the wheatbags Dawnie! Just what is needed in Melbourne at the moment! ha ha! Gorgeous fabrics you've used!

Good luck with the giveaway, I know you'd put the fabric to very good use!

Hugs sweetie! Vikki xoxo :-)

Jude said...

the wheat bags look great and what a good idea to use your leftover scraps to create something useful.

Karen en Marc said...

They look great, and will come handy.

fialka012 said...

❤❤❤

Wendy B said...

Now I see what you did with them!!!!!......when's the pattern release lovely!!!??? (stop laughing.....I'm serious!) LOL
hope you kept one to warm your tootsies too!
XXXX sugary hugs dear one
Wendy :O)