Pages

June 04, 2011

Sniffle, Sneeze, Saturday sewing!....


Today has been a dreary sort of day...
 Sun tried to come out with some 
patchy clouds blocking its view..
but it did manage to shine for some time..
but I stayed inside cold...
with the tissue box as my best friend
 sniffle, sneeze, sniffle, sneeze.... Yep a horrible cold.
So the sewing machine got a little use in between
 watching a few movies...
like the 'Bugs Life' and 'The Bee Movie'....
 the girls loved it, so did I....
 This is what I did sewing wise....

I pulled out this wall hanging I started some time back...
got a bit more inspiration... to finish it.... soon I hope...

I also quilted this lone block  from years back for my nephew....
I think I will make it into a heat pack filled with wheat..
 Do you use a heat pack???...
I need to in winter as my feet and hands get cold...
 Do yours????
 Hope your weekend is filled with good things...
 Be Blessed and Happy Stitching

Sweet Hugs
 Dawn x x

13 comments:

Erin said...

I hope you are feeling better soon! We took advantage of the little bits of Adelaide sunshine and took our daughter to the zoo for the first time, but all of a sudden in the afternoon the temp. just drops!!! Now we are nice and warm at home :)

Maria said...

Oh no not a cold. Hope you get over it soon.
At least you got in a little stitching and two movies. Great.
This morning I meet up with friends for coffee in town,did a little food shopping home for lunch and then some hand stitching.

Melody said...

Sorry to hear you have a horrid cold. Hope you are feeling much better very soon.

Sew Useful Designs said...

Take care of yourself sweetie! xx

I have just read Rosie a 'bugs life' storybook - one of my all-time favourite kids movies!!

Hope you get well soon!!

Hugs! Vikki xoxoxo

Quilt Kitty said...

Get better soon Dawn. I love Buttercup & was so tempted by a nice big fat quarter pack of that set. I get cold hands, feet &the worst - my nose. A nice quilted nose bag may be not the most fashionable solution, think I'll stick with a big scarf. Tracee xx

BJ said...

Sorry you have the cold - no fun. I love those heat packs! I have two, one that fits up on my shoulders, and another square one that can go anywhere. The shoulder one has rice and some lavender in it, the square one has flax. Be good to yourself, you'll soon be feeling better!

Wendy B said...

Oh my lovely.....look after yourself and get rid of those nasties real soon!
XXXX big warm sugary hugs sweets
Wendy :O)

Allie said...

Aww sweetie I hope you feel better soon - a cold is miserable! That buttercup is SO pretty. Love the block too, I think it would make a fine wheat bag. I use rice in mine, mainly because it's handy, lol. I NEED one in winter, or two or three!

Samelia's Mum said...

Yucky time of year for colds. Take care xoxo

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Hope you are feeling better very soon Dawn, and glad to hear you're taking it easy! What a pretty block - and cute fabric! I love Buttercup :)

Linda said...

This is my first visit to your site...I found you through Terry's blog. I enjoyed it very much and I am your newest follower!

Ric Rac and Polka Dots said...

Hi Dawn,
I am your newest follower. I just happened upon your blog and I love it! I have to get out to the yard in the 90 degree heat to work on the garden, but after that and a shower I'll probably plop into my chair and spend some time going through your blog. It looks lovely so far, can't wait to see more. Please come visit me at my new blog, Ric Rac and Polka dots. I am brand new, but am planning lots of fun projects to share. I hope we get to know each other a bit more!
Julie

Marijke van Ooijen said...

Hay Dawn,

Your blog is lovely.
I follow your blog.
Please take a look into my world.

Groetjes..Marijke
www.marijkevanooijen.blogspot.com