Pages

July 29, 2011

Sore back and Farmers Wife!

after I wrote this title I had to laugh...
some Farmers Wives have sore backs for all the hard work they do.
They sure do need a pat on the back at times,
for the things they do that us city gals don't do...

My husband was a farmer for a long time..
grew up on the farm, a pig farm, with hay and canola crops,
and wow after listening to him tell his stories.
They do such hard work, back breaking work that can be quite tiring.
I admire anyone who lives on the land now.
 This last week my back has been so sore,
 to the point where sitting or standing
for long periods hurt like ***CRAZY***
So after a wonderful visit with my Chiropractor
I will never let it get that bad again..
 Mel my Chiro had to massage the muscles
quite hard to release the hip joint..released after a push..LOL
and now I am just putting ice and heat on alternatively
to help it heal... 
Now I still can not sit or stand for long periods of time..
and am going to be more careful
when moving furniture around the house...he he
 So glad hubby decided to move to the city and stay, 
cos this chick ain't cut out to be a farmers wife...
But I can Dream and pretend and maybe join in a bit
 The Farmers Wife quilt caught my eye and as I love piecing quilts
 so decided to dream a little..... albeit a bit late.
FWQAL can joined anytime HERE!
 I have sewn about nine blocks so far and am thrilled
 have a look at the first five...
I am using a fat quarter pack I bought last year and love it...
of course its a Fig Tree fabric, 'Breakfast at Tiffany's 
and I love the look it creates.
Now to make some more soon to catch up.
Hope your getting to do a little sewing too!
   
 Sweet Cinnamon-y Hugs 

Dawn x x x x

7 comments:

Ivory Spring said...

Oooo, Dawn, I love your shabby chic Farmer's Wife. :0)


Thanks for stopping by to visit. It's nice hearing from you.

Linda said...

Wonderful blocks...feel better!!

teresa said...

Oh Dawn... I hope your back is better soon. Back problems can be so debilitating...take it easy! I would never make a farmers wife!!!! Give me the city any day! Love your FWQAL blocks.. the fabric is gorgeous too! Look after yourself xx

Maria said...

Oh Dawn I hope your back is much better soon.
Love your FW Blocks. I bought a DJ book two years ago and have not even started it so won't but the FW book.

Allie said...

Oh sweetie I'm so sorry you're in pain - I hope it's back to normal for you soon! I could never make it as a farmer's wife either. My grandparents both grew up on farms and the stories they told, oh my! I love your blocks and think you're smart to stick with the farmer's wife quilt, lol. Big hugs sweetie!

Jenny said...

Oh no, hope your back is feeling 100 percent soon Dawn, nothing worse than a bad back!! Love the quilting, it is perfect as always!
Stay warm and enjoy the rest of your weekend ... and give the hubby lots of those cinnamony hugs!!
Hugs
jen xoxo

GardenofDaisies said...

Your farmers wife blocks look beautiful. I've never lived on a farm, so I'd be useless as a farmers wife. but I sure would love to have a small acreage, so I could have a big veggie garden a big flower garden and a pool and...... I can dream....