Pages

July 05, 2011

Taste of Summer with Kelly, yummy yummy!

Summer summer,please hurry up, its soo soo cold today....
A few months back Kelly of Cotton Charm and I did an exchange
 after emailing back and forth.
Kelly donated some gorgeous
fabrics for bags/kits for Qld quilters, Thanks Kelly x x x
 and I sent Kelly a small little
wall hanging and a couple of Pavlova magic eggs
 Not real eggs just pav eggs,
which make a lovely yummy PAVLOVA
 Then we decided to share our bakings.
 Kelly has shared her wonderful creations
 on her blog... take a look they look fabulous
 I made a real PAVLOVA from scratch, oh so yummy,
esp when its freezing cold outside,
reminds me of summer, and tastes just divine.
 That crunchy meringue and marshmallow centre
Try the yumminess of summer for yourself.

Summer Pavlova!
 PDF recipe to print out HERE!

Ingredients:
 2 Egg whites (make sure no yolks get in)
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/2tsp Vanilla
1 tsp  white vinegar
1 tsp cornflour
4Tbs HOT (boiling) water

Method:
 Preheat Oven to HOT 240 degrees Celsius.
Add eggs whites to mixing bowl and on top add sugar,
them to the top of the sugar, add vanilla essence,
white vinegar, cornflour and
then having your electric mixer ready to start
as soon as you pour the boiling 
water on top of all the ingredients.
Start your mixer immediately and on the highest speed
Beat the mixture, and beat the mixture

And beat it for about 5 to 10 mins
until soft peaks form.
Then place on a tray lined with baking paper.
Swirl the mixture around in a circle about 3 inches high.
Mixture will stay in place if you have beaten it enough.


Place in the HOT oven for about 5 - 8mins
 THEN TURN THE OVEN DOWN to 140C
And let the Pavlova cook slowly in oven...
this will take about 1 - 1 1/2 hours
 Once ready Pavlova will be firm on the outside
 and the inside will be like marshmallow.
 I turn the oven off at 1 hours and 15 minutes
and let the pavlova cool in the turned off oven.
Whip some fresh cream with a little sugar.

I made two Pavlova's and one slightly smaller than the other in height.
 To the top of this add cream and fresh fruit.
 I used fresh strawberries.
Then I placed the larger Pavlova on the top
Then add more cream and fruit to the top,
this time strawberries and kiwi fruit for me
 but anything fresh tastes nice especially
peaches and raspberries...your choice.
Then dust the Pavlova with cocoa powder.
Then yummy yummy we polished it off... easy as.
and so so summer-y yummy!
 Do make one if you have not ever tried one.
Don't be disheartened if it doesn't work the first time
They taste amazing and are so easy
once you get the hang of it.
 Visit Kelly's blog to see
her Pavlova Magic creations too!

 Happy Cooking... he he

 Hugs

Dawn x x

14 comments:

Evelene S said...

That looks yummy!

Joy said...

Oh how delish .... and yes, it looks just like Summer :o). I've had enough of Winter already too - I'm ready for the warm weather to come back now!!!
Love n hugs,
Joy :o)

YoshiBlade said...

Thanks for the Summer pavlova recipe. It looks quite mouth-watering.

Loralynn said...

Wow! This looks so yummy!

Marilyn said...

That is a delicious taste of summer Dawn. Maybe if we all make one the weather will be tricked into thinking summer is here.
I am waiting for the warm weather too and it is not nearly as cold here as you have.
Oh and I will give Wendy a hug from you too will I ? lol. It is going to be so good to meet her.
Take care. Hugs,xx

Vicki ♥ said...

I love how you doubled up Dawn...it looks so yummy and very summery :) I popped over to Kellys blog but cant leave a comment as she has them turned off. Looks like she had fun making hers too. You make it look so easy to make and once I get a mixer I am going to give your recipe a go :) Hugs Vicki xx

Pip at Rest is not idleness said...

Oh yum, my pav recipe is nearly the same, when I see the mixture in the bowl I'm always amazed that it will turn into a pavlova. Great idea of yours to make a double layered one.

Gwen said...

I need to try this again! I learned to make this from an exchange student from Perth. He live with my family for a year and we cooked together a lot! Thanks for the memory!

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [06 Jul 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Allie said...

OH YUM YUM YUM - this looks delicious! Thanks Dawn!

Larissa said...

I DO love a good homemade pav, though i've never thought of doubling up! Might just have to try this double pav - YUM!!!

Wendy B said...

Your pav looks yummy yummy for my tummy hon!!!.....and I know one sure way to make it feel like summer....fly up here to north Queensland to visit me!!! ....beautiful one day, perfect the next!!!! LOL
love n hugs
XXX Wendy :O)

Libster said...

i thought that you had to beat the egg white first... this recipe goes against everything ive learnt about pav cooking.... does it really work???!!! might give it a go just to see as its only 2 eggs! going out tomorrow and need a desert!! could be the answer!

Beeshebags said...

Still hoping you'll put your banana caramel recipe up one day Dawn...that's sooooo yum!

Thanks for sharing the pav recipe, might do one this year for Christmas!

Hugs
Naomi