Pages

July 06, 2011

This, that and Etzcetera

I have been in my sewing room today as
its been bitterly cold outside...lots of rain and windy too.
 What a wonderful day to be had in my little cosy room
I say cosy, cos its little and full with a nice warm heater..
 I did a little sewing of a UFO I had sitting here for ages
 here's some progress.. LOL...I did only say some progress
and then I started to write my priority list,
(thanks for the inspiration Vicki)
it is so so needed to keep me focused, 
and on track with my sewing  and time.
First I needed to go through some baskets of half started,
lost interest projects.....
And this helps to see what needs to be done now or last week.
One things is for sure.....
I do not need anymore fabrics...LOL...
Well maybe just a few, just to finish off...

But buying magazines that so inspire me
is a habit necessity I can't resist at the moment.

They inspire and create a delight to me to get some things
finished and maybe start some more little projects.
Thats why when Jo sent me the link to this new magazine,

I could not resist a look and signed up to have a read
 and read I did...cover to cover...
Well done Kim.... its fabulous!
 Have you visited yet...
it's worth a visit, it's a great read...
Make a cuppa and sit and enjoy the journey... I did!

 Now I am off to read a paper magazine with my cuppa,
while I wait for another little person to enter my family...
 waiting for a grandchild to enter the world is a tease for a Nan..
 will show some pics soon of No 2 grandbaby...
 excited Nana here... he he

Happy Reading to you too.

 Hugs
Dawn x x x

7 comments:

Wendy B said...

Oh how beautiful hon.....those blocks look soooo familiar!!! We've been doing those at quilting group!!! Great minds....!! LOL
I'm soo excited about granbaby number 2.....I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight!!! so I'm off to have a look at that online mag!
sweet dreams gorgeous and big congratulatory sugary hugs (wow that's a mouthful!!!)
XXX Wendy :O)

Ric Rac and Polka Dots said...

I also have a habit or should I say addiction to some of these magazines. I find them so inspirational. I just enjoy thumbing through looking at the pictures. It makes me think of new ways to do old things. The colors and textures really get my juices flowing. Sorry you have such lousy weather, we are in the full swing of summer here, but our time will come . . . .and then I will be in the sewing room! Have fun and stay warm!!!!! Happy quilting.
Julie

Chrissie said...

Thank you so much for the link to the magazine, I really enjoyed thumbing through it very inspirational. Hope you don't have to wait too long for your grandbaby

Joy said...

Ooooooh Dawnie, how exciting!!! I can't wait to see pics of your new arrival (when he/she actually arrives of course lol).
Love your UFO, those fabrics are delish - I think I have some of those myself ;o).
You're right, there's only one place to be in this chilly weather and that's in a nice cosy 'cave' :o).
Love n hugs,
Ethel xxxxxx *mwah*xxxxx

Vicki ♥ said...

How exciting Dawnie!! Woo hooo a Nanna again :) I will ring you a bit later on today to hear all about it :) I love your blocks..they are so clever and prioritising might be a good thing...must try it hehehe I love that online magazine too..it is really lovely to read and I might just have to subscribe to it :) Hugs Vicki xx

Linda said...

Great blocks and the cover of the magazine makes me want a peek inside for sure! A new Grand baby on the way...oh what excitement!!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lucky you a new grand baby...I am so very jealous...love your blocks...