Pages

July 20, 2011

We went to visit the Teddies

School Holidays and we were stuck for
something to do this afternoon.
A Friend suggested Here....

What a fabulous idea!!!!!!
Old Highercombe Hotel Museum( about 10mins away) for a 
Teddy Bear Fair...
Firstly we listened to the doorman
about what to do and look for in the museum.

We had to follow bear paw prints around the museum 
so we didn't get lost...

  Then we had tea and biscuits together at the cooks station...
 Then to climb the very steep stairs to the top
 (notice our teddies firmly under our arms
hang on Nobby and Cookie)
 
First stop was the Infirmary for a checkup...
 all teddies checked for injuries and illness's
Ours were are all good here.... we 'Love our Teddy's'

 
Then to visiting the schoolhouse for some aspiring young/old Teddies 

Exciting day as our Teddies were invited to a 
Birthday Party...yummo.
 Hip Hip Hooray...we sang too.. he he
 
 Then downstairs we went again where we had to salute the Teddies 
who'd been in service a long time...
so nice remembering those who have served... he he

 We also made some crafty items...
off course we did enjoy that part of the day
 When we left we went outside we saw 
an old fashioned post box... so nice...
(sign on post box...not for use) ..LOL 
 I love these old post box's...
reminds me of England when I was little...
 Hope you've had a lovely day today... we have.
Now for dinner and bed for some 
'Beary' tired little girls and Teddy's..
 Maybe some sewing time for mummy tonight!

Beary Happy

 Hugs Dawn x x x

16 comments:

Maria said...

What a wonderful day for your darling girls. Loved all your photos.
Hope they are sound asleep now and you are sewing.

creativedawn said...

Great photos of your lovlies! It looks like they enjoyed their trip...Your girls are so cute!

hugz

Kris said...

I never knew there were teddies inside that museum! I have driven past it many times. Looks like a good day was had by all.

Larissa said...

Wow! It sounds like you've had a fantastic day with the teddies - I just know my little one would love this too. Such a shame we're so far away, lol.

Marilyn said...

What a super amazing place to visit. Such a fun way to spend the day, and good to see the special teddy visitors and owners had such a good time.
Hugs. Marilyn

Allie said...

How cool is that place - I can tell the girls loved it, that's wonderful! They are too, too precious, Dawn!

Linda said...

What a great place...your girls are adorable!!

Chris H said...

What a really neat place to go! Our Brylee would have loved it.. Griffin? Not so much! lol

Graciela said...

Lovely girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kisses ♥♥

GardenofDaisies (Gayle) said...

So sweet! I bet the girls and the bears all had a wonderful day!

Sue said...

Oh this is just precious Dawn! My heart just *sings* as it was me who gave your girls those teddies, and to see them still loving them and taking them on their adventure is just gorgeous! Cant wait to catch up with you all soon. Much love, Sue xx

Vicki ♥ said...

How I wish I could have gone to see the Teddy's house with you and your gorgeous girls :) Looks like they had a really fun day. How special :) hugs Vicki xx

Jenny said...

oh my goodness, your girls would have loved that!!! What a fabulous place! Hope you are staying warm Dawn!
Hugs
jen xo

angelasweby said...

Oh I loved the little outing you invited us too Dawn. It's just the kind of place I enjoy visiting. My goodness what a lot there is to do and see and I can see two very happy young ladies there especially standing by the red pillar box. Sadly, they are a thing of the past here in England and usually found in museums here too. Glad the teddies were fit and healthy but I must say, I loved the school house best.
Warm hugs Angela xx

Susan Branch said...

That was just adorable. The girls are darling. Thank you for sharing your day! ♥

Jude said...

It certainly looks like you all had a great time at the Teddy Bear Picnic.