Pages

September 25, 2011

Chisels, Chisels...Go Baby

I have been playing with my Go-Baby from Accuquilt and the
Chisels die and having a absolute ball.
Thanks Accuquilt for making such a wonderful much needed quilt accessory
To say its amazingly easy to use is not always convincing 
enough when reading from a blog
 but believe me, it sure is easy to use,
just like child's play as Miss K shows you.
The die is so easy to use in the Go Baby.
 Just place your fabric on the die cutter
place the cutting mat on the top 
and put it through the Go-Baby and perfect chisels turn out,
 it even has no dog ears to trim, all done for you.

and how easy it was, so easy in about half an hour
 I cut about 80 of them out, so simple and quick
I had a little play on my cutting board with some

then I cut out some white Homespun for contrast
and stitched them together ....perfectly matching the corners.
real excitement, to see them come together as this
 was usually where I get a bit miffed with my piecing.
 I want perfect accuracy in my piecing, and I hate it
 when sewing a 45 degree angle or any angles at that,
 it goes a bit skewif (crooked), I then get a little annoyed
 well not a little a LOT annoyed..Do you??
 I hate to unpick, but will do it if needed, as I have get it right.
 Well this is the best part of the Go-Baby...
NO NO NO crooked pieced blocks...Perfect every time...
all perfect YES just perfectly matched and all dog ears gone too.


So that's how my pile has grown to many, many, many chisel blocks...
then some more arranging them in whatever way I like...
 and I like it lots of ways...LOL...you see this one die (chisels) 
can make many different quilt arrangements.

all one way...
butted up together....

 this way and that way.....
two rows together.....
 Now I am going to have lots of fun deciding which way to sew these
 I think this die will get a work out for sure...
 and also to play with the two other dies,
Ribbons and Twists and Aeroplanes that I had sent me 
 I think also some pressies for Christmas might include a die or two.
 Please Mr 'Sweet as Cinnamon'.... x x x



GO Baby Hugs
 Dawn x x x x x

18 comments:

Mommarock said...

Love it! Do we get to vote? I like the first one and the last one. I can imagine it leaves lots of roome for extra embroidery or quilting. YUM!

paulette said...

I love ALL of them!! Thanks for sharing!! I have the chisel and bought it for the chisel star...now I can see many more uses for this die. There is a book out that is all chisel patterns. I have to get my hands on it! Thanks so much for the inspiration!
P

Maria said...

Oh It would fantastic to have a Go Baby.
Miss K looks very happy to help use it.
the quilt is coming together nicely.

By Hoki Quilts said...

What a brilliant 'toy' and one day I'd love to have one too. That first layout really caught my eye. Nice work Dawn, the white really pops the colours ; )
hugs - Miche'le

Sue SA said...

Great colour combination, so fresh and happy! Hmmm I am hoping Santa delivers one of these Babys to me, or is that the stork!? Happy quilting, Sue

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Hi Dawn! I have seen a few tutorials on various dies, but haven't seen the chisel one before. It looks abfab, and I love the various combinations of joining up. :) not to mention the pretty fabrics you have used, too!

Joy said...

Oh I love them all Dawnie!!!! Now I want a Go cutter too lol ;o).
Love n hugs,
Joy :o) xxxxxx

Lucky-1 said...

That is so cool:)

I want one now...lol

HUGGLES
Lucky

Seams Sew Together said...

I love my Go, your chisels are looking great! Have fun!!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lots of options Dawn, can't wait to see which way you decide to sew them....

Sue said...

These look great Dawn! It does look easy too, the way you have explained it. So much scope for so many different designs! Oh..gosh now I want one too!! ...lol... Maybe I should work on some of my UFO's first though!! Hugs n Blessings from Sue xx

Khris said...

Looks great Dawn...and you know how much I love "easy"...lol
Hugs Khris

Melody said...

I love your choice of fabrics. So pretty.

John'aLee said...

Oh it is just lov-er-ly! Love those colors!

SewCalGal said...

What fun. Love what you've created. I think you need to make a quilt with each design. They are all beautiful.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Allie said...

Wow - you made so many so fast! This will be lovely no matter which layout you choose, Dawn!

Jo said...

Having a Go really makes a person think differently about quilting. Before I went from completed pattern down to the individual piece. Now I go from individual piece up to completed pattern. Love the ideas.

Sew Happy Jan said...

How gorgeous do the layouts look. I ordered a Go Baby the other day, and Ive been waiting patiently (well sort of) today the dies arrived, so looks like Monday I will be able to play. Till then I will keep admiring yours :)