Pages

September 15, 2011

Look what I discovered!

I needed some threads for a project I had started
and ordered them from a local shop.
So on Monday I went to visit HERE and WOW WOW WOW..
 I was amazed with the gorgeous hand-dyed
 threads they made in the shop...here in Adelaide.
and just so close to home....they are 20 mins away.
 Primke threads... 

 
 68 different colors and they are adorable..

They can be ordered  via their website and paid for via Paypal.
 Variegated and lots of color ranges, in Pearl 5, 8 and 12ct
 and also in a stranded cotton...

They are just so lovely to feel and look at...
 I bought a couple to try.. the colors are so vivid


These are what I bought home with me..
I will be back to the shop to get some more soon...
What I like about them is that the color changes
on the variegated about every 1 1/2in to 2in and that's great
when stitching...not like the 6in in some threads...
I have traced a stitchery from the latest Vignette
to have a try...will show the progress soon.

 Also I have some fabulous news to share...
 I am so excited about it.....Mums the word!

Happy Stitching

Hugs
Dawn x x x

6 comments:

Maria said...

What yummy embroidery cottons.
Ohhhh what are you cooking up????

Vanilla said...

What a treasure you found!!!!
Love the colors

Linda said...

Those colors are fantastic! Love them...and news...good news...I love good news!

Larissa said...

Oh I LOVE that store!! My grandparents live just around the corner from them and I looked in on them last year when we were there for Christmas, while on a short walk - heading back down again this Chrissy too!!
I wasn't a quilter/patcher at that time, but this year I am looking forward to checking it out with brand new eyes this year!!
I didn't realise they made these in store!! I did check them out, but wasn't really thinking about how I could use them then. Boy are they getting some good business from me this time round, lol!!

Sue said...

Oh thankyou SO MUCH Dawn, as I had never heard of that store before!! I just LOVE doing embroideries/stitcheries/ribbon embroidery/embellishing things etc., so I cant wait until I can go have a look at this shop too!! Now... what do you have in store for us... hmmm???
Hugs n Blessings from Sue xx

Nicky said...

Next time you are down at Christinas we should hook up for a blog reading coffee - I am only just around the corner