Pages

September 05, 2011

Miss J wants to quilt...

and she is going to be a natural...
when she can stand a bit taller...LOL
 She barely sees over the bars... he he

 Miss J decided she wanted to make an eye' spy quilt
for one of her teachers who had a baby...
 So I helped her cut it out and she sat happily on her little machine
 making some of the blocks...we perservered over a few weeks
 Miss J managed to get them done this last week.
I then helped sew the borders on and then loaded it on my Quilter.
 not the best way to load but as its very tiny and
she was leaning against the quilting frame I just pinned it on...

She was thrilled to be able to help quilt..
I held the leaver and she wiggled the machine to where it needed to go...
 I am so proud of her and she loves to QUILT
 yes I have a little quilter in training.....
 Now I am going to bind it and have it ready
for her teacher next week. 
 I hope she likes it!...I do!

 Happy Stitching

 Hugs Dawn x x

19 comments:

Sharon said...

That is so precious! Would love to see it when you finish the binding! Her teacher will treasure it!

creativedawn said...

How awesome! Yes, we need new quilters as we've got to keep the tradition going,eh! I'm looking forward to seeing the finish...tell her CONGRATULATIONS!!!

hugz

Ric Rac and Polka Dots said...

Oh, that is so wonderful. You must be so proud, well both of you must be so proud. I am! My daughter doesn't have the craft bug so much but my granddaughter does, and I have high hopes for her. What kind of a machine quilting machine do you have? I need to learn to do that.
Have a great weekend, and tell her I said Good Job!!!
Julie

W. Latane Barton said...

That is a gift the teacher will never forget!! And, you have a new quilter to share things with. That's a good thing.

Sheila said...

Totally awesome , you are so fortunate to have a little girl to share your talents with and this quilt will definitely be cherished by her teacher .

Larissa said...

AWESOME!!!
I love it when my 3yo DD comes up asking to sit on my knee to watch me while I sew or embroider! I can see she will be a little crafter too - she already loves glueing and pasting, lol! (But then, doesn't every little girl?!)
Keep watering that interest in Miss J and God will bless her with his gift of creating ... just as he has given you!!

Maria said...

That is really special. I am sure her teacher will be thrilled with her gift.

wackywoman said...

Oh I love it!

Linda said...

Oh wonderful...I wish I had a little quilter in the house!!!

Maree: said...

Well Done Miss J you did a Wonderful Job...
cheers

Marilyn said...

What a lucky teacher to have Miss J do this for her. Such a treasure.

Fiona said...

Wow that is fantastic !! You can teach me too when I come over :)

Hugs - Fee XX

Joy said...

Awww Dawnie that's just SO cute!!! I bet her teacher will treasure it always.
Love n hugs,
Joy :o) xxx

Jude said...

Dawn, Jemimah looks so cute at the machine and waiting to see the finished quilt.

retdairyqueen said...

That is just so special

Vicki ♥ said...

She certainly takes after her Mum :) What a clever girl she is :) I think the teacher will treasure it for ever.
hugs
Vicki x

Wendy said...

That is just SO sweet!

Jenny said...

ooooh, I didn't know you had a Longarm quilter - lucky you! and lucky you that your daughter loves to quilt, none of mine have been bitten by the bug yet - oh well, maybe one day ;)!
Hugs
jen xo

Mrs Minton makes... said...

Hi just wanted to say, love your blog! Love your designs and have to say how cute miss j is!!! :)