Pages

September 04, 2011

What Good is God?

Last night a friend and I went to hear
 Philip Yancey talk about his latest novel
 'What Good is God'
 
 It was a most interesting night with short skits from 
an acting troupe that travelled with him.
 I came away thinking about deep and meaningful things.
 Questions about my life that I had wanted answers too
 seemed to be answered indirectly.
 I now have a sense of peace that I can't explain.
 When we heard Philip talk openly about his
 experiences as a journalist/author....I was listening intently.

 I was contemplating many questions..thinking thinking!
 The question foremost for me was....
 Why God? Why me?
I got my answer.
 Why not me!
and with that I felt much peace.....
 Its not an issue, just one of those things 
that nagged me over the years.
 Why...without gettignt o personal
 I have not had the easiest life at times
but NOW I count my blessings and I am in truly
in the Summer part of my life...
everything is a blessing to me..
 I can now smile with a peace in my heart...
 My husband, my family, my children, my grandchildren
 my friends, my craft, my work, Life in general is wonderful....
 God is so good...

 If you can get to one of the venue's that
Philip is talking at...it's worth your money.
 Book HERE

Philip talked about Seasons of our Soul...
 Autumn Winter, Spring and Summer... 


 The season of Autumn when things look wonderful 
but also when times are changing...
it's getting cooler..Winter is on it's way

 The Winter when things are looking barren
but much is happening underneath....we just can not see it...

 Spring when new life is bursting forth...new things happening

 Summer when things are at its peak... warm rays of hope...
 Its exciting to enjoy!
  

 I pray no matter what season you are in
you feel God's never ending love for you!

Many Blessings!

 Hugs 
Dawn x x x


14 comments:

Sue SA said...

Glad you feel at peace, it can be hard to find sometimes in the chaos of a busy womans life. Thanks so much for testing my blog comments for me, I really appreciate it. Happy quilting Sue.

Margaret said...

How fortunate were you. I have read all his books and I have found them able to reach into my soul and draw me closer to God.
I will have to see if I can find someone who is going up to Melbourne.

Liz said...

Thank you Dawn.---There is a verse."Godliness with contentment is great gain."

Jo said...

Looks like it would have been a great night! thanks for the book recommendation I will see if I can buy it this week.

Kirrily said...

I have always enjoyed Philip Yancey's books and am so pleased for you that you were able to hear him speak about his latest.

I've often wondered "why me?" about both the good things and the bad things, and often had the same conclusion as you - for both. Why not me? There's something rather liberating about it all.

Hmmm - I think I'm in Spring. At least, I hope I am and it's not just another Autumn in disguise!

Thankyou, Dawn.

The Old Cupboard Door said...

A wonderful post to read this morning. The Bible study I attend once did a study on "growing in God's garden which deals with the "seasons" of our lives. It was such a help to us. I am certainly interested in this book, thanks for sharing it.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I am praising Him today for your new found peace and for always showing us the answers when we're ready for them. blessings, marlene

wackywoman said...

Sounds great Dawn. I'll look out for his books.

BJ said...

Isn't that peace just the best? It comes not from God adjusting to our plans but from us saying YES to His. Blessings to you my friend.... have a great SUMMER!

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Hi Dawn, Love your post and it is very inspirational. Sounds like a wonderful night, I have not read Phillip Yancy's book, but will have a look for it.
I read a book recently that was absolutely wonderful, I had read about it on another blogging friends site, and managed to get it at our library. The author is a pastor, but the book is about his young son and the things that happened after this little boy's near death experience. If anybody has doubts about Heaven, they should read this book!!
"Heaven Is For Real" by Todd Burpo
Hugs to you, Sandy. :)

Bloom said...

Dawn, thank you for your post. I will spend today debating with myself what season I'm in! I like to think I'm still in spring ... I hope I might be in summer ... but there is a niggling doubt I might actually be in autumn :) My kids would say I'm in the depths of winter - rude!! Sharing your gratitude today for the peace that only comes from God. Ros x

Vicki ♥ said...

Very nice post Dawn and I am happy that you enjoyed going and listening to such a lot of inspiration. Hugs Vicki xx

creativedawn said...

Hi Dawn,
The challenge is to always be in the Summer of our lives...hard work and prayer, and good deeds help me to be positive about my present as well as the future. I will look up that author's book, sounds interesting.

hugz

Bev C said...

Hello Dawn,

Thank you for this posting. It was a delight to read.
Happy days to you.
Bev.xoxo