Pages

October 20, 2011

Chiselled Runner....

 I so love my Go Baby....it is amazingly quick to cut out with 
and makes quilting so much easier.. not fiddly cutting.
 I have used 26 colored chisels and 26 white background chisels.
  The finished table runner.... nice and bright and scrappy...
  was made in about 2 hours all up including quilting and binding.

I straight lined quilted it... so simple yet so effective.
 scrappy is so nice when you don't look and just sew together....
especially when using Kaffe Fasset fabrics.
 That was a hard lesson for me... just sew, don't look...
I find that really really really hard cos I like matching...Do You?
 I have just cut out another 40 or so chisels for my lap quilt...
can't wait to finish that....
But first off  to stipple quilt some other peoples gorgeous quilts...
 If you want some Free Accuquilt patterns 
you can get 22 Free patterns if you sign up for them Here.


Happy Quilting

 Hugs Dawn x x x

22 comments:

marga said...

MUY BONITO¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡SALUDOS.

Susan said...

I love your table runner! 2 hours!!! Amazing! The colors are so bright and cheery! Good luck on the lap quilt. Post when it's finished.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wonderful Dawn, looks so good...just love those fabrics..I really have to get myself a Go..

shez said...

Dawn this is wonderful lovely fabric

Ali Honey said...

That's very pretty. The white makes it clean crisp and bright. What a lovely quick project. Well done.

Celia said...

The table runner looks great ! I have a machine too and should make a lot more projects...thanks for the inspiration.

retdairyqueen said...

Lovely

Larissa said...

Oh sweetie ... that table runner is absolutely Gorgeous!!! And I bet it looks even more divine in person!!! It was definitely worth 'just sewing' this one rather than thinking too hard about positioning of the various fabrics ... and the crispness of the white just helps them pop!!!
And thanks for the inspiration ... that is definitely a design I am keen to 'borrow' when my Baby arrives!!! So simple ... yet just so fantastically effective!!!
Hugs!!

Terry said...

Your runner is beautiful! I love the colors and the stripedy binding! :0)

Fiona said...

It's gorgeous you clever girl :)

Allie said...

2 hours???? WOW! It's beautiful, Dawn, and I'm amazed at how quick it was!

quiltzyx said...

That looks great with those KF prints - nice job!

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Hi Dawn! That is so pretty. I must try the "don't look" approach, I try too hard sometimes to match up. :)

quilterliz said...

G'day. Just gorgeous. Take care. Liz...

Chris H said...

Very pretty!

Maree: said...

Looks Great Dawn and Yes I am a Matcher Too...it's Nice to have the Challenge to just Do it!
The lap Quilt sounds Lovely.
cheers

Katherines Corner said...

This is lovely, beautiful color selection too. Wishing you happy quilting Hugs

Carrie P. said...

Cool!

Wendy B said...

worked out beautifully Dawn.....lurrrrrve that fabric!!!...is there some Kate Spain in there too!!??? Yum!
You should be getting commission girl......prompted me to take a look at prices on a Go!!!!
Aaaaah....must wait for the taxman!
love n hugs gorgeous
XXX Wendy :O)

Anita said...

Fantastic looking table runner! You did well with the scrapiness........I am not so good with scrappy LOL

Núria said...

Es maravilloso ver como luce pueste este corredor de mesa. Los colores de las telas muy bien convinados.
Desde ahora sere una fiel seguidora de vuestro blog. unmardecoses.blogspot.com
mitjarmilla.blogspot.com. Hasta pronto!! núria ( GIRONA) Cataluña (españa)

SUZIE said...

lovely fabric Dawn