Pages

January 24, 2012

Holidays are almost over....

Holiday's had overtaken our house the last few weeks
and sad to say only this week to go!
 My DD have been on school holidays for almost 7 weeks
and it's been a blur of cooking, gluing, play dough, painting
dollies and dress ups and lots of mess!...
So much fun has been had and I am a bit exhausted
We have been to the movies,
 done many a day of home cooking, made some felt creations
 and also done loads outdoor activities.
The weather has been wonderful most of the time
and when its been hot...I mean hot sunny hot
 we have splashed in the wadding pool....with lots of fun and laughs
Yep me too on the odd occasion that it has been
almost 40 degrees C..hot hot hot...I hate being too hot so a pool
is a real nice way to cool off.
 One day I would love this type of swimming pool above
but for now the little kiddy wadding pool will do!
 With only one week to go - this week will be
school preparation week.. eeek the holidays are almost over

 School uniforms are fitted and shoes are all polished...
the sun hat's are ready and bags almost packed.
Then next week my tissues will be out and I will be
 returning home to a quiet house.
No more of those noises from little girls laughing,
 or asking questions from Mummy...
 Cos my baby is going to school....
 Now with no children at home I will be have lots of time
and hopefully I will be doing loads of sewing .....
I can hope can't I...he he
 I have 4 cut out and ready  to sew projects.....patiently waiting
 and one BOM 'Pretty Charms 2012' almost ready to reveal.
 So in the next week or so look out for some more sneaky peeks....
 How are your January plans turning out????
 I am now planning February!

 Happy stitching


 Hugs Dawn x x x

8 comments:

Maria said...

Yes it is always sad when your last one goes to school but it is surprising how quickly we fill in the hours.
Hmmm it would be lovely to have a pool like that. 41 here today.

Fiona said...

I always used to find back to school time so hard.. the first day was lonely... then it became busy as I found new things to do.....
I have started your Sunshine Melody... such a pretty quilt...
Hugz

Anne Heidi said...

Sounds like you have everything ready. I remember when my youngest one started school- it seems like it wasn't that long ago- now he'll be in Jr. high in the fall... Enjoy your time alone!

Marilyn said...

Enjoy these last few days before the back to school routine. I remember that feeling - didnt like the holidays to end. (and driving home from school with an empty car when the last one started - way too quiet).
But... more exciting projects to work on. Sounds wonderful.
Hugs xx

Josie McRazie said...

well if you don't want that warm weather you are more than welcome to send it my way!! (Illinois USA) bbrrrrr 2 degrees(f) this morning!!

wackywoman said...

I always enjoyed the kids holidays too Dawn.

Karen said...

Who wouldn't like a pool like that. We have a small pool. Nothing so grand as that one.

Carrie P. said...

Oh, yes, it will be very quiet. You will probably feel a little lost but you will get into your own routine and yes, you will get a lot of sewing done. Looking forward to see you BOM.